Director of Federal and Commercial SALES (Job Number: 318484)
SAIC seeks an experienced Sales manager to work closely with sales executives, line management, as well as account managers to help expand our human language technology (HLT) business across federal and commercial markets. The Director of S ales is responsible for managing sales team and developing and qualifying leads that fit within our products and solutions area. The role requires a highly resourceful individual who has proven sales experience qualifying leads, prospects and opportunities and guiding customers through the sales cycle to closure. A successful candidate will have product and software sales experience and demonstrated experience managing sales professionals in meeting and exceeding financial targets. Candidate must also be capable of developing and maintaining customer and industry relationships in pursuit of new business and must have a history of ethical business conduct, successful pursuits, and collaboration. Current professional working knowledge of human language technologies, specifically machine translation and automatic speech recognition is highly desired, or with market verticals to include translation, closed captioning, subtitling, text analytics, and/or media monitoring across commercial and/ or federal markets.
Meet and exceed assigned sales objectives
- Conduct market assessments to identify targeted customers that require HLT products and related services.
- Utilize available online resources and proactive demand creation campaigns to identify, track, and qualify new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and new customers to assess their needs and create sales and business opportunities.
- Work in close cooperation with HLT staff to execute customer call plans, prepare proposals and white papers, organize tech demos, and other sales activities.
- Assist in developing sales and marketing strategies to help grow sales pipeline
- Direct and coordinate major customer contact and positioning activities; identify potential strategic teaming relationships
- Brief senior management on overall customer and opportunity-specific strategies.
- Participate in trade shows and other marketing venues as required.
- Research competitors and provide feedback for HLT product positioning
- Maintain opportunity tracking information in corporate customer relations management systems.
- Bachelor's degree or higher educational credentials
- Demonstrated ability to engage and successfully work with senior decision makers.
- 15+ years related experience in software and product sales with 5-10 years proven experience managing sales professionals.
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled sales professional
- Experience selling commercial software products to private industry or government clients
- Proven sales experience qualifying leads, prospects and opportunities guiding customers through the sales cycle.
- Experience using CRM solutions (e.g. Microsoft CRM) and their use to drive revenue and manage the sales process and sales professionals.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills, and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers, and staff
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related field) and 10+ years directly related sales experience.
- Experience working in United States and international broadcast, radio and online media market to include industry, market segments, trends, vendors, and industry events.
- Experience working with major close caption providers providing services to media outlets to include closed caption and subtitling services.
- Experience in building indirect sales channels to include value added resellers (VAR) and original equipment manufacturing (OEM) agreements.
- Knowledge of human language technology programs, offices, and research activities related to machine translation, speech recognition within federal market space.
- Experience and/or working knowledge supporting lawful intercept programs for intelligence community, homeland security, law enforcement and defense department
- International sales experience.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2012, 1:01:10 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the time
Shift: Day Job
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...