Under the general direction of the Associate Dean for Student and Academic Affairs, the Director of Field Experiences will plan, monitor, and assess diverse off campus field practicum experiences for undergraduate/graduate teacher education students in all teacher preparation programs.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Be able to work independently while providing stability and leadership in coordinating and maintaining field placements throughout the calendar year, including methods, student teaching, and placement of transient student teachers; provide leadership to Placement Team in regards to face-to-face contact with Superintendents, Principals, and District Administrators; be part of hiring committee and provide training for University Mentor; represent BGSU and EDHD in area schools and agencies, coordinating with schools and agencies to develop and strengthen partnerships; identify and confirm placements; develop new models for field experiences in order to meet the Blue Ribbon Panel recommendations.
• Negotiate contracts, working directly with public and private school and agency administrators to generate and administer cooperative agreements for field placements; problem solve difficulties and remediate potential disputes related to placements or performance in placements involving BGSU students utilizing the Student Success Team, classroom mentor teachers, faculty, and university mentors;
• Develop, update, and codify policies for student teaching and field experiences inclusive of the student teaching handbook; monitor midterm and final online evaluations for Classroom Mentor Teachers, University Mentors and student completion; review university mentors’ and classroom mentors’ evaluations;
• Chair and establish the agenda for meetings of Program Coordinators and the Advisory Committee; provide input to the Coordinator of Professional Development & Educational Outreach to develop educational opportunities and recognition event for University Mentors, Classroom Mentor Teachers, Student Teachers, and District Participants; provide educational opportunities and training for incoming University Mentors and communicate responsibilities to all University Mentors; provide leadership in coordinating methods sign-up meetings, student teaching orientation meetings, professional development seminars;
• Monitor Field Experiences budget and maintains a record keeping system regarding field experiences for all EDHD teacher education students in compliance with national and state accreditation standards; supervise and provide education to support personnel;
• Work with program coordinators, and Study Abroad personnel to inform, place, and orient students related to student teaching abroad and in sties outside Ohio.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Public relations skills, knowledge of Ohio standards for the Teaching Profession/Resident Educator, excellent written and oral communication skills, problem solving skills, technology knowledge, excellent time management skills, organization skills, supervisory skills
Master’s Degree in Education required. Also required Teaching License and three years public school teaching experience and three years administrative or supervisory experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 357. Full benefit package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Bowling Green State University - 4 months ago