Bicycle sharing is a sustainable, healthy, and community-based transport option that enhances urban livability and mobility. Through contracts with government agencies, Alta Bicycle Share currently operates several bike share programs throughout the US, with plans to add two more operations this spring.
Overview of Position:
Alta Bicycle Share is currently seeking a motivated, entrepreneurial-minded Director of Finance, Planning & Analysis to lead the Company’s two finance teams as follows:
·Portland Finance – consists of a Revenue Manager and an Accounting Manager, plus 2 Accounting Specialists, 1 Senior Accountant/Analyst and 1 non-financial Database Manager.
New York Bicycle Share Finance – consists of a divisional Corporate Controller and 1 Accounting Specialist, both located in Brooklyn, NY.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Key Aspects of Position:
· Ensure that all accounting, budget, profit and finance aspects of ABS’ contracts are running smoothly.
· Monitor target profit and ensure that cash flow is adequate to fund operations.
· Publish regular financial reports and analytical narratives.
· Advise the CFO and CMO on corporate finance strategies and tactics.
· Maintain mid and long-range forecasts and support corporate and operational managers in achieving their assigned goals.
· Oversee treasury and debt management.
· Supervise the Accounting Manager, Revenue Manager and NYC Divisional Controller; ensure their job duties are met, and they are managing their team to highest potential.
· Interact with Operations, HR and IT Director on corporate initiatives, delegate work as needed to finance team.
· Support the business development process in coordination with the Director of Business Relations, including bidding strategies and financing sources.
· Identify and implement strategies for cost reduction or revenue enhancements.
· Maintain relationships with bank and other financing groups/investors.
· Guide annual audit and tax return preparations.
· Maintain effective internal control and accounting processes, determine best-practices, and recommend process improvements.
· Provide other reports and analysis as requested.
· Other duties as assigned.