Director of Finance
Reports To President |
Location Jackson, MO
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
This position reports directly into the President within our Liberty Central mid-states division and is responsible to support the President for all operational and financial analysis reporting for the Utility. Perform annual O&M and capital budgeting, as well as long term planning/modeling. Provide risk analysis on capital expenditures as well as sensitivity analytics on returns and impact on rates. This position is accountable for the long term financial health of the utility. Ensure controls are in place and policies and procedures are being followed.
- Prepare annual O&M Budget
- Prepare annual capital plan
- Aid in implementation of long term forecasting model
- Provide strategic direction with in depth long term modeling.
- Lead the capital committee and aid in capital expenditure assessments
- Aid in rate case preparation
- Establishes and maintains functional area policies, procedures and controls to ensure compliance with Corporate Accounting policies, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements
- Ensures appropriate financial statement disclosures are available for regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provide monthly analytics and forward looking mitigation strategies
- Directs the design, implementation and maintenance of various computer applications to support financial reporting requirements.
- Special/other projects as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Completion of relevant university/college degree/education
- Professional accounting designation (CPA)
- 5 to 10 years in an operational role with accounting/finance experience
- Utility industry experience preferred
- FERC experience preferred
- Must have long term modeling experience
- Experience with Clarity long term modeling would be an asset
- Availability to travel if needed by the company and, accordingly, must possess or be eligible to obtain a US Passport
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Produce routine reports and correspondence.
- Make presentations from time to time to groups of customers or employees of organization
- Respond to common billing inquiries, or billing complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community
- Write or assist in writing speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Make presentations to senior management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Will be responsible for supervising others
- Strong knowledge of Internet software and the Microsoft Office Suite of products including word processing, spreadsheets and database applications i.e Great Plains and Cogsdale. Knowledge of basic office equipment required
- Independent judgment and decision-making abilities are necessary to apply technical skills effectively
- Maintains confidentiality
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Position interacts with both internal and external parties on a regular basis
Liberty Utilities provides a superior customer experience through walk-in customer centers, locally focused conservation and energy...