Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Plan and direct work of a unit whose staff examine financial assets, real assets, inventory of assets or class of assets. Determine cash flow, costs, profit margins, future cash flows, and alternatives based on varying assumptions and projected market or economic conditions. Use financial analytical tools to make projections of prospective financial performance. May use advanced or proprietary analytical tools pertinent to very specific class of assets or more complex economic operating conditions.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Confer with management of business unit regarding analysis of financial asset(s), pending purchase or investment, or aggregate of financial data requiring financial analysis in order to complete pricing, cash flow, or other analytical exercise.
- Assign work to analyst(s) with pertinent skills and knowledge and provide technical oversight or assistance to analytical processes.
- Provide technical input or systems requirements to development efforts to create or modify proprietary financial analysis applications used for analytical purposes by the unit.
- Develop standards for and continually improve quarterly forecast process for particular business unit(s), product line(s), client group(s) or market segment(s).
- Report to senior management on the unit's production, activities, and efforts.
- Represent the unit as an expert or resource to cross-functional project or coordinating teams.
- Plan, document, and manage the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training.
- Plan and manage the unit's budget. Approve expenditures or budget transfers.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 8 years of related experience
Who we serve
- Strong leadership, influencing, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
- Eight to ten or more years progressive experience within a top financial services, real estate, accounting, consulting, or similar organization. Proven track record of managing a team of financial analysts with various skills and experience levels.
- Able to develop/present analyses, synthesize/interpret data, and provide related insights; and manage multiple priorities concurrently.
- Knowledge of Commercial/Multifamily real estate a plus.
- The position entails serving as a key strategic financial advisor to the Fannie Mae Multifamily business unit as a member of the Chief Financial Office. See below for details on Multifamily Business Performance.
- We provide credit for owners of apartment buildings whose rents are generally affordable to those making 100% of Area Median Income (AMI) or less. For example, over 85% and 75% of units we financed during 2012 were affordable to those making 100% and 80%, respectively, of AMI.
- We finance apartment buildings in all 50 states.
- We are the largest multifamily credit guarantor, with a guaranty book in excess of $204 billion as of 12/31/12. If we were a stand-alone bank, we'd rank 15th in size - larger than BB&T and SunTrust.
- Our Multifamily debt business has been profitable 10 of the last 11 years. Our one unprofitable year, a net loss of 1% of our book during 2009, was driven by a non-cash increase in loan loss allowance / credit reserves.
- We expect this business to remain profitable for the foreseeable future as the credit outlook improves and we see the benefits of higher priced recent business.
- Our credit losses have averaged 17 basis points (bps) per year over the last 5 years, peaking at 27 bps in 2010. Over the same period our gfee income averaged 43 bps, ending at 52 bps in 2012.
- Our year-end 2012 serious delinquency (SDQ) rate was 0.24%, compared to 10.03% for CMBS multifamily loans, and 1.56% for bank/thrift commercial/multifamily loans.
- We strive to serve every market every day. Approximately 66% of our 39,000 loans are small loans; loans of $3 million or less in most markets and $5 million or less in high-cost markets.
- We have a team dedicated solely to provide liquidity for loans secured by rent restricted multifamily housing - which comprises approximately $29 billion, or 14% of our credit guaranty book, as of yearend 2012.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...