Director, Financial Reporting and Technical Accounting
New York, NY
Working closely with the Controller and Assistant Controller, this dynamic role offers a chance to be an integral part of the corporate finance team. The Director, Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting will take a leadership role directing and coordinating the company’s SEC reporting activities, responsible for the company’s Forms 10-K, 10-Q and other SEC filings, as needed. This position will also be responsible for identifying accounting and reporting issues, and performing related research and documentation on all technical accounting matters including revenue recognition.
Intralinks is seeking a person of high energy and motivation; someone who can get excited about the business and instill that passion in those around them; driving change rapidly and effectively. A person who understands the importance of building networks within the organization in order to facilitate desired outcomes; can effectively manage up, down and across the organization and drive to solutions.
An optimistic approach and commitment to attaining the goals of the group is vital. Strength in team building is essential, along with superior verbal and written communication skills.
About the Team:
The Controllership Team is chartered with providing critical business information on a timely basis in order to ensure optimal efficiency in decision making for the organization. The Controllership team reports to the Chief Financial Officer at Intralinks, meaning that it acts as the trusted source of all actual (current and historical) financial information and prepares relevant analyses for essential business decisions.
- Direct and coordinate the company’s SEC reporting activities, including Forms 10-K and 10-Q; responsibilities include ensuring the accuracy and timing of the financial sections of the reports as well as the adequacy of information included. Additionally, supervise the preparation of the XBRL version of the reports.
- Work closely with the Controller to prepare the financial sections of the quarterly earnings release and supplemental financial analysis with the Investor Relations department.
- Research accounting literature and apply technical standards and analysis to complex or non-recurring business issues and transactions. Prepare written accounting memos documenting such issues/transactions for review by management and external auditors.
- Responsible for the accounting, reporting and disclosure of the Company’s global equity incentive plan, primarily consisting of stock options and RSUs in accordance with ASC 718.
- Work with legal, sales, sales operations and billing departments to ensure that revenue related to sales contracts are being recognized correctly in accordance with US GAAP.
- Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, including FASB, SEC and PCAOB, and evaluate the accounting and reporting impact of new standards. Additionally, monitor trends among other SEC filers to ensure the company’s reports are in line with industry and overall practices and standards.
- Establish and maintain financial accounting and reporting policies including communication and adherence to such policies outside immediate accounting team.
- Liaise with the external auditors, overseeing the quarterly financial statement reviews and the year-end audit, responding to interim review and year-end audit queries.
- Perform financial due diligence for the company’s acquisitions and other strategic transactions.
- Responsible for integration of all accounting and reporting aspects related to acquisitions, including the purchase accounting and related documentation.
- Perform and prepare required documentation for annual goodwill and indefinite-lived intangible impairment testing.
- Continually assess the company’s financial reporting process and implement cost efficient system or process improvements wherever possible.
- Coordinate and aid in the preparation of debt/equity transactions, including the requisite registrations.
- Assist the Controller and Assistant Controller, as needed, in the management of the monthly close process and related analysis.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with WebFilings a plus.
- Experience with Great Plains/FRX preferred.
- Experience with Workday a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid academic credentials; in-depth knowledge of GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
Years of Experience:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment while balancing multiple deliverables and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Self-starter capable of working independently.
- Experience with ERP projects
- Experience in the software industry, particularly the Enterprise SaaS business.
- 6-10 years of public/private accounting experience; Big 4 public accounting experience preferred; SEC reporting experience a must.
- BS/BA in Accounting
- CPA required
- 17 months ago - save job
We are the standard for trusted collaboration among networks of business professionals. Our exceptional technology platform provides secure,...