- Oversee the Corporate Accounting functions including oversight of close process
- Monitor adherence to accounting policies, processes, and procedures and develop new processes and procedures in response to evolving business practices
- Conduct technical accounting research and serve as a key contact for others within the organization related to accounting issues and communication of accounting rule changes/new pronouncements
- Review department account reconciliations and analysis
- Assist with the preparation of the goodwill and intangible asset impairment tests
- Oversight of accounting related to warranty reserves, pension plans and other management judgments involved items.
- Assist with other projects, assignments and business analyses as requested by the CFO or Controller
Financial Reporting Responsibilities:
- Prepare periodic financial reports including Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and 8-K and ensure such financial reports are prepared in accordance with GAAP, S-X and XBRL requirements
- Prepare monthly consolidation of subsidiary results and financial statements and reporting package for senior management, lenders and board of directors
- Preparation of quarterly earnings press releases
- Responsible for maintaining and documenting internal controls over financial reporting to be in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Coordination of quarterly disclosure committee meetings
- Coordinate and manage the annual audit and quarterly reviews with the independent auditors
- Excellent SEC reporting experience strong background in preparation of SEC forms including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K as well as experience with compliance requirements of SEC, FASB, PCAOB, EITF, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or other related business major
- CPA certification
- 4-6 years of public accounting experience and 4+ years supervisory experience; minimum of 6-7 years total accounting experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience and understanding of Oracle G/L and Web Filings
- High sense of urgency and ability to meet tight deadlines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Associated Materials is a leading manufacturer of professionally installed exterior building products.