POSITION: Director of Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: General Manager/Food & Beverage Regional Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a Director of Food & Beverage at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The Director of Food & Beverage directs and coordinates the entire food and beverage operation at the facility by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
• Markets Food and Beverage services to clients and establishes Food and Beverage control.
• Creates Food and Beverage sales projections and budgets for facility events.
• Develops event work plans including scheduling and ordering, and assigns appropriate duties to subordinates.
• Reviews food and beverage lists submitted by each facility manager to determine that sufficient items are ordered weekly.
• Oversees Food and Beverage operations during event to ensure client satisfaction.
• Maintains cost and quality control standards.
• Inspects food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
• Analyzes information concerning facility operation such as daily food sales, patron attendance, and labor costs to prepare budget and to maintain cost control of facility operations.
• Inspects and tastes prepared foods to maintain quality standards and sanitation regulations.
Manages subordinate Catering, Concessions, Executive Chef/Sous Chef. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of any of these units. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Food & Beverage Management or related field preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in management level position in Food & Beverage or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent organizational and planning skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong customer service orientation
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Elaiza Valencia, Human Resources Designee
SMG managed Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 13 months ago