The Director of Fundraising leads efforts to acquire and cultivate individual, foundation and corporate contributions through grantsmanship, sponsorship, donations and material and/or in-kind support. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Prepare preliminary budget and submit to Board for approval.
- Manage organization finances and ensures expenditures are within annual budget.
- Administrate fiscal matters of the organization (tax preparation, reporting etc.)
- Ensure appropriate communication and relationship management with donor.
- Develop financial policies and procedures and submit to Board approval.
- Manage, train and mentor direct report staff.
- Perform other duties as needed by organization
- Bachelors Degree or higher and or four years of experience in related field
- Can work independently and as part of the team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Experience searching for information on the internet (IE or Firefox)
- Proven leadership qualities, proactive, resourceful, creative, and detail-orientated.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse clientele via phone, email, online and in person.
- Access to vehicle for required travel within Connecticut
- Work virtually or in office (Hartford, CT or Manchester, CT)
The Females' Center of Excellence and Leadership, Inc. (Xcel, Inc.) is a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the advancement of women and girls of all backgrounds through mentoring, education, networking, scholarship and community service. For more information, visit our website at www.xcelinc.org