University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
URC has global field programs funded by USAID, HHS, the Global Fund, Foundations and other clients, and employs about 250 people as well as locally hired staff in overseas field offices. The Director of Global Administration and Program Support is responsible for establishing corporate field administrative procedures and policies that guide and standardize all aspects of project implementation including the local hiring, financial and procurement processes for all of our programs. The Director will be responsible for establishing overseas field offices and administrative systems during project start-up, supporting the operational and administrative needs of projects during implementation and closing field offices upon completion of the project. The Director works proactively with the company officers, program managers, and project coordinators to seek opportunities to identify and propose improvements of existing, and development of new and improved project support systems, processes and procedures and to contribute to the company’s Knowledge Management efforts for best practices. Up to 40% travel is required our business proactively defines and mitigates risks as the standard,” rather than engaging at the point of incident.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and oversight of field office Set Up and Close Down procedures including registration, office and housing leases, labor laws, hiring of local staff, training new finance and administrative staff, and other key areas,
- Guide the agenda and organization of the corporate Field Operations Improvement Team.
- Oversee the Field Review process to conduct routine on-site compliance reviews, provide reports to field and headquarters management, and track required adjustment.,
- Organize routine portfolio reviews with Headquarters staff.
- Provide administrative orientation for new field project directors and staff in headquarters.
- Help strengthen internal and external finance and administrative operating support systems as they affect the field offices and programs. Assure appropriate corporate policies and procedures are up to date and accessible to staff.
- Draw upon experience to update key operating manuals with practical and needed guidance for HQ staff and field managers. Address key issues of HQ and field staff through interviews and communications with them on a regular basis.
- Develop and conduct standardized policy and procedure training programs for expatriate and host country national project staff to ensure their in-depth understanding and adherence to company processes and procedures.
- Promote best practices in administration and finance and facilitate field offices sharing what works and what doesn’t for them. Network with other organizations to identify international best practices.
- Establish Knowledge Management systems and encourage field office management issues to be shared and resolved together. Maintain project support documentation on URC’s intranet system.
- Support the audit process, stay current on international audit practices, and identify potential audit issues for field and HQ project staff.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by URC management.
Required Experience & Qualifications
Please note: All candidates must be eligible to work for an indefinite period of time in the U.S. without visa sponsorship.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- MA degree in management, business, accounting or finance or related field.
- Five years of experience working with USAID contracts, grants and cooperative agreements with understanding of field management and operational issues.
- Understanding of government FARS and cost principles.
- Strong English and communications skills to concisely write and present policies.
- Track record of working with teams in HQ and in field operations & mentoring staff in operations.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate with tact and sensitivity while affecting change.
- Ability to travel to overseas field offices in Africa, Asia, EE and other regions as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Business level proficiency in Spanish or French desired.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 11 months ago