The Director of Government and Community Affairs reports to the Senior Vice Provost for Government and Community Affairs. This position is responsible for: developing and executing the government and community relations plan, maintaining and expanding relationships with state and federal legislative representatives, and reviewing, tracking and reporting on state and federal legislative and regulatory issues. Assists the University leadership with activities that will result in identifying and securing state and federal resources for the University as well as build a positive image of FDU . Drafts correspondence reflecting the University’s position on pending legislation that could impact higher education and the University. Serves as a liaison to the government relations unit of Association of Independent Colleges & Universities [ AICUNJ ].
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. At least four years public policy and political experience as a lobbyist, or as a member of the staff of a federal elected official or statewide office holder.
3. Knowledge of local, state and federal legislative and regulatory operations.
4. Ability to read, analyze and interpret state and federal legislation.
5. Knowledge of New Jersey and federal legislative process.
6. Understanding of grassroots advocacy and team-building.
7. Excellent speaking and written communication skills.
8. Facility with appropriate computer applications.
9. Employment is continent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Application Types Accepted:
Application for Employment
Fairleigh Dickinson University - 9 months ago