Director of HR at Badgeville, Inc. in Redwood City, CA
We are seeking a HR Director to play a key role on our G&A team. This is a fast-paced position for someone that thrives on multitasking, problem solving and being involved in all aspects of managing the HR, recruiting, facilities and administrative functions of a super-hot market leader in gamification, social loyalty and behavior management.
The Company's size is increasing rapidly and that means it's time for a HR Director to step in and help us manage that growth. The HR Director will team with our executives, senior staff, managers and employees to ensure processes and operations are in place to support on-boarding, employee relations, benefits, payroll, immigration, training, compliance and culture.
If you're passionate about helping an awesome technology company build a great culture we definitely want to hear from you, and of course having thrived in a startup environment in the past is a big plus!
- Provide tactical and strategic HR leadership and counsel to management in the area of employment
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Manage activities relating to staffing, employee education and training, management development, labor relations, affirmative action, benefits administration, and salary administration
- Manage the new hire process, which includes but not limited to preparing new hire and benefits packet, working with IT and Facilities to set up new hire workstation, conducting orientation, and processing new hire paperwork
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment
- Develop and implement metrics and solutions for monitoring employee relations trends and advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Manage HRIS and maintain the accuracy and confidentiality of all documentation and personnel records for employees
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Understand the business and competitive market; generate insights that will drive the business strategy and translate them into HR solutions within the company
- Collaborate with broker to evaluate the benefits renewal contracts for the new plan year and conduct annual benefits open enrollment activities
- Review and approve monthly benefit invoices and record as appropriate
- Manage semi-monthly payroll and other payroll functions
- Plans and organizes all activities of the company
- Ensure that the front office is functioning effectively and efficiently
ABOUT BADGEVILLE Badgeville helps web publishers of all sizes increase audience engagement and unlock new monetization opportunities. We are funded and based in Palo Alto, CA. Our team includes advisors from Zynga, Playdom, along with other industry experts. The company provides a white label social loyalty, rewards, and analytics platform. We make it easy for web publishers, media sites, communities, marketers and brands to increase user loyalty and engagement. The Badgeville Platform leverages techniques from game play to create highly engaging web experiences. Using Badgeville, web publishers reward users with real-time achievements and reputation, while at the same time drive user behavior, achieve specific business goals, and measure and optimize user engagement.
- 10+ years of broad and progressive HR & Organizational Development experience with high growth technology companies
- Experience in health benefits and 401(k) plan, including knowledge of FMLA law, leave and benefits legislation.
- Knowledge of and experience in employment policies and practices, working knowledge of EEO, California and New York employment laws
- Experience with compensation program development and benefits strongly desired
- Experience with Payroll & HRIS systems a plus
- B.S. degree required, Master degree or relevant HR certification (SPHR or PHR) preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, high level of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity
- The ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with managers and employees at all levels
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership of wide-ranging responsibilities
- Ability to work well under pressure and remain impeccably organized
- Proven leadership ability
- Prior experience in a fast paced, high growth start up environment preferred
See More Jobs at Badgeville, Inc.