Develops and implements policies, programs and practices to ensure that the organization is in compliance with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and standards concerning the safety of the workforce. Director will be responsible for planning and directing all engineering activities to diagnose and rectify Safety, EHS or Human Performance Engineering issues involving the organization, employees, and the public. Director will oversee various engineering disciplines to preserve employee safety. Ensures employee safety and human performance programs are developed and carried out. Responsible for safety records maintenance within the organization.
• Manages Safety function with an operational focus.
• Manages activities of broad functional area through first level management and professionals, including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountability.
• Designs, trains, and coaches implements Human Performance Engineering strategies and tactics to reduce incidents and impacts.
• Decisions typically related to implementation of department strategy, intradepartmental coordination, and business outcomes.
• Results have significant impact on costs and achievement of department objectives.
• Identifies opportunities which make a significant difference to the performance of multiple department functions and possibly organization-wide impact.
• Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and/or initiatives involving multiple functional areas.
• Establishes operational objectives for multiple functions including work plans and delegating assignments to subordinate managers and senior professionals.
• Works within broad guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge of multiple functions to solve complex problems which may have long-term impact on the department.
• Manages Safety function within Outage Services with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and employees.
• Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for top professionals and management.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Science, prefer Master’s Degree.
• Previous management experience.
• Typically requires minimum of 15+ years in area of specialization.
Calpine may get hot, but it also knows how to blow off some steam. In 2012 the independent power producer and marketer controlled...