Saint-Gobain is the world's largest manufacturer and distributor of building materials, and a leader in the production of high-performance materials and glass containers with more than 1,000 subsidiaries in 64 countries. Saint-Gobain was founded in 1665 and is headquartered in Paris, France. Saint-Gobain had sales of $58.6 billion in 2011 and employs nearly 195,000 people worldwide.
In the United States and Canada, Saint-Gobain had sales of $7.7 billion and employed approximately 19,000 people in 2011. The company has more than 150 manufacturing plants and 100 distribution outlets throughout North America. Saint-Gobain North American businesses include: CertainTeed Corporation (Valley Forge, PA), Norandex Building Materials Distribution (Hudson, OH), Saint-Gobain Abrasives (Worcester, MA), Saint-Gobain Crystals (Hiram, OH), Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics (Aurora, OH), Saint-Gobain Containers (Muncie, IN), Saint-Gobain Adfors (Grand Island, NY).
We are currently searching for a Director of Human Resources for Saint Gobain Flat Glass North America and VP HR SAGE Electrochromics. This position is the functional leader for HR for the Flat Glass Businesses in North America, including Sage Electrochromics, Saint-Gobain Sekurit, Saint-Gobain Autover,Saint-Gobain Hot Cells, Saint-Gobain Vetrotech America, Saint-Gobain Glass Exprover, and Saint-Gobain Solar. The selected candidate will be accountable for driving organizational performance and business results by optimizing and growing the capability of the workforce. They will recommend and implement HR strategic and tactical plans to support the achievement of business goals and obtain a high level of employee engagement and performance. This person will be an active member of Saint Gobain North America’s Human Resources executive committee.
This position will be based in our SAGE Electrochromics Division, located in Faribault, MN (35 miles South of Minneapolis).
SAGE Electrochromics manufactures a durable, reliable and high-performance energy-saving electrochromic technology for buildings that will provide a healthier indoor environment for their occupants. Its award winning electronically tintable glass solution is second-to-none and has been incorporated into VELUX skylights and recognized by Green Building, Inc. as one of the top ten green building products available on the market place.
- Provide direction and management for all HR matters arising from organization change and growth initiatives.
- Team with the Glass businesses General Managers the CEO of SAGE to build leadership competencies across the organization, address leadership gaps and develop stretch opportunities for top talent. Leadership development is a top priority to achieve our growth and profitability objectives.
- Provide leadership and oversight for the development and delivery of the organization’s compensation and incentive programs, ensuring that they are competitive, cost effective, clearly articulated and sustainable.
- Develop resource planning tools and innovative recruiting strategies to achieve talent acquisition objectives that support growth plans and performance goals. Develop a candidate sourcing strategy to build specialized applicant pools and selection processes that align with the organization’s competency needs. Achieve speed-to-hire while maintaining quality standards.
- Work with unit managers to create a learning environment at all levels in the organization. Skill training, professional development and continuous improvement should be central to the company’s value proposition for all employees.
- Create, communicate and drive an effective performance management process to enhance employee engagement, encourage performance excellence, identify training needs and retain top talent.
- Identify and deploy appropriate information technology solutions to enhance all aspects of talent management.
- Develop and disseminate HR policies and procedures to provide consistency in employee relations and in accordance with employment law
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- A highly experienced human resource generalist with 15 years of executive experience in a change environment. Must have a history of success and accomplishment in Human Resources at the leadership level and a demonstrated ability to develop rapport and influence at all levels in the organization.
- Demonstrated track record of success in leading the design, development and implementation of HR best practices in the areas of compensation, recruitment, performance management, training and leadership development.
- Evidence of shaping an organizational culture characterized by high levels of employee engagement and a passion for excellence.
- Demonstrated track record in establishing a value-added HR function that provides strategic and operational leadership for HR initiatives and clearly articulated procedures for all talent management processes.
- Knowledge of employment laws and experience resolving employee relations issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field. Master’s degree preferred.
SAINT-GOBAIN - 12 months ago
SGC has been manufacturing HF equipment for more than 30 years, and has a worldwide reputation for quality and dependability - for NO COMPRO...