Director, Human Resources
Location: Grove City, PA or falls Church, VA
Close: December 9, 2012
Responsible for representing the Human Resources function for the USIS Investigations Services Division. The Investigations Services Division currently supports 3500 service based employees who are based across all 50 States and US Territories.
1. Business partner to COO and Field Work Services VP’s.
2. Strategic vision and ability to execute on the business plan.
3. Compensation programs to include incentive based programs.
4. Performance management and improvement systems.
5. Organization development.
6. Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns.
7. Employee orientation, development, and training.
8. Policy development and documentation.
9. Company and Employee communication.
10. Employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
11. Ensure effective ER management to include compliance with company, audit and legal requirements.
12. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and /or as directed by the VP on personnel matters.
13. Communicate with line management to identify near and long term HR needs.
14. Assist line management to ensure effective performance management.
15. Ensure consistency in communication and program execution across the business
16. Conduct investigations into allegations of various nature (EEO, Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, ineffective leadership)
17. Provide root cause analysis of turnover by business line and work with leadership on action planning for improvement
18. Participate in key talent decision across programs
19. Identify process improvement opportunities for more effective HR and employee experience.
20. Integrate new programs into USIS policies and procedure; manage transition of new programs/personnel
21. Consults with legal counsel as appropriate, and /or as directed by the VP on personnel matters.
22. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and insures compliance.
23. Oversee and develop subordinate staff of 3-5 HRMs.
24. Other duties as assigned.
1. Retention competitive with benchmark goals.
2. Performance expectations and feedback provided timely.
3. Pay ranges competitive, merit increases reward performance, non-monetary rewards build morale.
4. Low level of benefits related complaints.
5. Employee survey results competitive.
6. Low incidence of claims and penalties.
8 – 10 years progressive HR leadership experience.
BA/BS in Human Resource Management or related field.
Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety training, and preventive labor relations, preferred.
PHR or SPHR preferred
Government contracting and SCA knowledge a plus
In-depth knowledge of HR core functions to include staffing, performance management, compensation/reward, benefits and employee relations/compliance. Skilled recruiter.
able to plan and implement activities related to multiple projects to meet organizational needs. Able to establish controls to ensured required documentation is maintained.
able to establish rapport and communicate effectively at all levels including presentations to customers and senior management. Superior writing skills. Able to promote company image.
– able to develop, motivate and direct professional and administrative staff. Able to provide leadership to line managers from a staff position.
able to take the initiative to anticipate and avoid problems - logical thinker, good at assessing situations, solving problems and making decisions.
Physical Requirements -
Must be ambulatory, able to meet requirements of field recruiting. Use of personal vehicle is essential. Must possess use of all sensory organs to conduct interviews. Must be able to compose and key data and text.
– Potential travel 15 – 20%
USIS values diversity in its workforce and encourages minorities and women to apply. USIS is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
United States-Pennsylvania-Grove City
United States-Virginia-Falls Church
USIS Human Resources
Altegrity - 20 months ago