The HR Director will provide human resources support to the
Facility in all functional areas, serve as resource, and provide
consultation to Facility management. Responsibilities (not an all
- Provide overall human resources support for the
- Full cycle recruitment (or supervises recruiter(s) to:
research position, understand the Facility’s staffing needs,
source for candidates, interview, select, negotiate employment
offers, assist with orientation, etc.).
- Employee relations and retention management.
- Maintains all Human Resources files to ensure regulatory
compliance (including files for non-employed staff and other
- Supports and complies with corporate initiatives.
- Administers FMLA, LOA, and absence management
- Conducts internal investigations.
- Partners with Facility management and consults with Corporate
HR Operations on sensitive corrective actions, PI Plans, and other
- Assists Corporate Legal in responding to employment
- Coordinates general employee orientation.
- Coordinates employee/staff development and annual mandatory
- Administers worker’s compensation program.
- Responds to insurance and unemployment compensation
correspondence and employment verifications.
- Models and serves as a change agent for Service Excellence
- Organizes employee activities.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
PHR or SPHR certification highly preferred. Minimum three (3) years
experience as an HR Generalist required. Healthcare HR experience
highly preferred. HR experience overseeing (majority of the following
Excellent communication skills are required; must be able
communicate in a clear, concise manner with employees of all levels,
physicians, administration, medical staff, and the community, both
written and oral communication. Coordination of orientation and
required annual mandatory training. Maintains all job specific and
on-going competencies required by Facility policy, The Joint
Commission, and other regulatory agencies. Ability to multi-task
effectively in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
Ability to work a flexible schedule as needed, including meeting the
HR needs of the weekend and overnight staff. Ability to effectively
balance employee advocacy with Facility business objectives. Monitors
the quality of manager’s documentation (e.g. corrective action,
performance evaluations, investigation notes, etc.). Promotes and
incorporates Service Excellence standards into job responsibilities
and, also, integrates into Facility’s culture.
- Full cycle recruitment
- Employee relations: experience mediating employee concerns
and exercises sound professional judgment in order to make
recommendations in the best interest of the hospital/employees.
- Consults with Facility management on HR-related issues (e.g.,
corrective action, PI Plan, etc.).
- Conducts or oversees investigations as needed.
- Leave of absence management.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
regarding employment law.
- Maintains position control plan in accordance with Facility
- Compensation planning and wage and hour compliance.
- Develops, implements, and revises Human Resources policies
and procedures in accordance with state, federal, and corporate
- Maintain HR files to ensure regulatory compliance.
Universal Health Services - 15 months ago
With dozens of health care facilities in nearly every state, Universal Health Services (UHS) isn't quite ubiquitous, but it's...