To effectively manage the human resources functions of the College and to ensure compliance with local, state and federal employment and labor laws, maximize employee relations, and ensure compliance with college policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in human resources or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum of eight or more years of human resource generalist experience required.
- Work experience in a not-for-profit or higher education setting is preferred.
- Extensive customer service experience and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse employees and with all levels of management.
- Ability to develop, implement and manage human resources systems, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Working knowledge of a HRIS system, preferably ADP HRB.
- Oversee all Employment Relations and Selection functions:
- Serve as the ex-officio member of the Staff Council representing the Human Resources Department.
- Conduct Exit Interviews with terminated staff employees.
- Assist in the hiring of all staff positions
- Work with supervisors to develop accurate job descriptions
- Develop and implement recruitment plans
- Serve on search committees as requested
- Investigate Employee Relations Issues
- Meet with and interview employees
- Write and assist with Corrective Action Plans
- Supervise the Human Resources Assistant
- Serve as Benefits Administrator:
- Work closely with benefits consultant to identify and recommend benefits providers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with representatives of all benefits providers; serve as liaison between employees and providers as necessary
- Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of all benefit package components; keep employees informed of changes as necessary.
- Serve as 403b Plan Administrator
- Liaison for 403b plan auditor
- Prepare all materials needed for plan audit
- Assist in preparing all plan amendments as needed
- Serve on 403b Retirement Plan Investment Advisory Committee
- Oversee all payroll activities in conjunction with the Controller
- Oversee HR Assistant for all payroll transactions including salaried, contract, hourly, overtime, benefits deductions and special deductions.
- Coordinate the transmission of the payroll to outside Payroll Service (i.e. ADP) and ensure the accuracy of all reports.
- Prepare all accounts payable transactions related to the payment of benefits (health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, etc.) and other deductions
- Oversee the electronic transmission of the TIAA-CREF employee deductions and employer contributions to the 403B Retirement Plan.
- Prepare all necessary reports on a regular and as requested basis.
- Assist the SVPFA and Chief of Staff regarding the Staff Handbook, as follows:
- Ensure that policies and procedures are in compliance with local, state and federal regulations and reflects the mission of the College; revise and/or draft policies as necessary.
- Update the handbook to reflect changes in policies and procedures.
- Design materials to supplement the Staff Handbook and effectively communicate highlighted policies and procedures for employees.
- Assist the SVPFA and Chief of Staff regarding developing, implementing and managing the following:
- A Compensation System
- A Performance Appraisal System
- Various programs designed to select, motivate and retain qualified staff employees
- Serve as Disabilities Coordinator for faculty and staff
- Serve as the Senior Deputy to the Title IX Coordinator
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org