First Presbyterian Church of Orlando is seeking a full-time Director of Human Resources. Located in downtown Orlando, FL, we are a 3,500 member church with a staff of over 200 employees.
This position has sole responsibility for managing and administering all aspects of the Human Resources functions for First Presbyterian Church of Orlando. This is an HR department of one supporting over 200 employees. The ideal candidate must have hands-on experience in all areas of HR and be ready and willing to do it all – from processing paperwork to developing major HR initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field
- PHR or SPHR certification
- 5 – 7 years progressive, hands-on work experience in a Human Resources role
- Extensive working knowledge of human resources practices, benefits administration, staffing, training, performance management, regulatory compliance (such as FLSA, EEO, AAP, FMLA and HIPAA practices) required
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills. Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Strong relationship management, influence, and collaboration skills required
- The ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously with little or no direction and the ability to operate under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal along with the ability to respond to departments and all church staff in an efficient and professional manner.
- Must be a self-starter who can work well with people at all levels
- Experience with Windows (Excel, Word) and payroll softwares required
- Knowledge of non-profits and/or churches is a plus
- Interpret, administer and ensure compliance with all federal and state laws, church policies and procedures. Remain current on law changes that will ensure compliance and reduce church exposure.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Interpret, advise, coach, and mediate on HR-related matters with employees and managers.
- Recruit, screen and hire new employees in conjunction with various department supervisors, including placing advertisements, interviewing, and conducting pre-employment background and reference checks.
- Develop and administer Church benefits programs to include the health and welfare plans, retirement/403(b) plan, Worker's Compensation and Paid Time Off programs. Manage annual benefit renewal and Open Enrollment process.
- Administer the Church’s compensation and performance review programs.
- Prepare annual budget for all personnel/salary-related costs as well as Human Resources operations.
- Process employee timesheets as part of the bi-weekly payroll processing.
- Processes all employee-related paperwork. Maintain comprehensive employee personnel files in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Review and update Personnel Policy and Procedure Manuals, administers and interprets personnel policies. Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administer employee training and management training programs.
- Responsible for Workers’ Compensation.
We offer a competitive salary based on knowledge and experience. Full benefits package offered: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, long term care, flex plan, 403(b), and paid time off. Sorry but no relocation benefits will be provided for this position.
To apply, please send your resume and salary history/requirements.
OrlandoJobs.com - 14 months ago