HoMedics is an established
consumer packaged goods distribution company with more than 25 years
in the business. HoMedics is looking for a bright, dynamic
professional to join our exceptional Human Resources team as a
Director of Human Resources .
The Director of Human Resources is responsible for
day-to-day management and oversight of all group benefit programs,
payroll and 401(k) plan administration. This position is
hands-on . The successful candidate is expected to be
very experienced and well versed in, but not limited to;
FLSA, Wage and Hour Laws, FMLA, COBRA, HIPAA, ADA, Workers
Compensation, Employee Benefits Administration, Wage and Salary
Administration, Payroll processing, 401(k) administration
and staff supervision/development.
This position requires an individual that is very compassionate,
yet firm and fair in handling matters of strict confidentiality,
counseling and providing guidance to employees regarding
sensitive matters, providing guidance and direction to all
levels of management, while keeping the best interest of the
employees and company in mind.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Human Resources or
related discipline is required.
- 10+ years solid Human Resources experience,
- Hands-on/supervisory experience in payroll
- Benefits Administration
- 401(k) administration.
- Application of federal and state laws and regulations as
they relate to Human Resources
- Current proficiency with medium-sized company payroll
processing and report writing, experience with PayChex a plus. Solid
skills in data extraction to spreadsheet developement.
- Knowledge of basic auditing and monitoring techniques to
- Understanding of payroll tax calculation, laws and filing
- Knowledge of benefits administration and required legal
compliance - HIPAA, COBRA, FMLA, ERISA, Section 125, etc.
- Proficient with MS Office software, including Word, Excel,
Powerpoint and Outlook
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skillsExcellent
communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work well under deadlines, with strong
multi-tasking skills and customer service skills.
- Ability to inform, educate, and influence team to support
goals and initiatives.
- Strong team player with project management organizational
- Great sense of humor and the ability to have fun a must!
HoMedics, Inc. - 13 months ago