Human Resources Director
Corporate Headquarters, Minneapolis, MN
Established in 1966 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, Conwed Plastics is the industry leader in providing pioneering and comprehensive plastic netting solutions for businesses worldwide. Conwed has developed a complete line of high-performance plastic products that are used for reinforcement, containment and separation applications. Conwed Plastics proudly serves major markets ranging from consumer-packaged goods to building materials and is able to custom-design products to meet stringent manufacturing specifications.
With production facilities on two continents, the company is committed to developing and delivering affordable and timely solutions to customers in the United States, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Provide leadership as the head of the company’s HR function and member of the executive team. Contribute to development of company strategic objectives and business results and ensure HR strategies facilitate achievement of company goals and strategic plan. The Director of HR will have global responsibility for all aspects of Human Resources management including talent acquisition and talent management strategies, compensation, benefits, wellness, organization development, training and leadership development, employee and labor relations, employee communications and administration of HR services and Payroll.
Reports directly to the President/CEO. Manages four direct reports.
- Senior counsel to CEO on all personnel matters
- In collaboration with the senior leadership team, lead, create, standardize and improve the organization's culture, people practices, policies, programs and processes.
- Coach and counsel employees, supervisors and senior management on problems originating from work situations or environment.
- Provide organizational design expertise and change management facilitation.
- Drive compensation strategies to ensure programs are competitive and fulfilling company objectives and regulatory compliance. Manage salary planning and incentive programs.
- Lead the annual Leadership Review, talent & performance management processes.
- Direct the administration of benefit and wellness programs.
- Evaluate company benefit plans annually for effectiveness, cost-efficiency and fit with overall company needs and objectives.
- Deploy changes to remain competitive to external market.
- Create company strategic training and organization development plan to meet professional and organizational needs of company employees.
- Collaborate with the CEO and all managers to insure human resources match the growth needs of the company.
- Oversee sourcing, screening, candidate selection and new hire process.
- Work with management regarding employee termination and departures.
- Engage outside counsel as necessary to insure compliance with employment law.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement company policies and procedures related to HR.
- Coordinate and/or conduct HR due diligence for potential acquisitions
- Provide leadership and coaching to ensure effective and efficient integration of acquired human resources.
- Direct development of company newsletters, employee communications and involvement programs.
- Oversee HRIS and HR information management.
- Determine short and long term goals to remain non-union at manufacturing sites.
- Participate in negotiations of collective bargaining agreement at one plant.
- HR interface between subsidiary and parent.
- Develop and manage annual budget for the department.
- Evaluate and recommend human resource outsourcing opportunities and identify potential vendors.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
In exchange for your expertise, we offer a challenging, fast-paced work environment that supports a strong work/life balance and where high performance and success are fostered and rewarded. We also offer competitive compensation, including a comprehensive benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR Management or related field.
- 10 or more years HR Management experience
- Demonstrated success serving all organizational levels
- Financial knowledge, leadership skills, collaborative, multi-tasking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface and resolve conflict with all levels and positions
- Experience in formulating policy, developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
- Professional verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of federal, state and local employment, wage and salary laws and regulations
- Ability to interpret and advise on the application of employment laws.
- Experience in design, development and implementation of salary administration plans.
- Knowledge of organizational development and change management theory and practices.
- Ability to negotiate and manage collective bargaining agreements.
Join us and become part of our great team!
We are excited to partner with the HR Professionals at Instigate, Inc. to manage our recruitment efforts for this opening. All responses will be processed promptly on behalf of our hiring team by Instigate's TalentAssist - Recruitment Process Management Services. Please submit your resumes, applications or questions directly to Instigate for consideration. Thank you for your interest in joining our team.