This position reports directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs and manages the Institutional Research and Assessment department and related functions such as research, assessment, strategic planning, statistical analysis and presentation of data, and guiding the College's institutional effectiveness program. Supervises Institutional Research and Assessment staff. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Establishes goals and objectives for the department and related functions.
· Develops and implements procedures for the department and related functions, and allocates the necessary human and fiscal resources. This includes developing, monitoring and approving budgetary expenditures, and implementing the procedures for the college-wide institutional effectiveness program and assessment activities.
· Supervises and trains staff to include making hiring and termination recommendations, conducting performance evaluations, and carrying out disciplinary actions when necessary.
· Measures the performance of the department, builds on its strengths and takes corrective actions, such as modifying departmental procedures to stay in compliance with changes in regulations and college policy and procedures, and conducting periodic surveys to assess customer satisfaction with the department's services.
· Analyzes and interprets institutional data such as enrollments, retention, transfer, alumni, completers, academic assessment and related data. Advices departments, staff and college administration.
· Assists the Vice President for Academic Affairs in assessment activities, HLC accreditation activities, consults and advises academic and non-academic departments. Produces and publishes the Annual Assessment Report which documents the College's progress in institutional effectiveness and academic assessment, and chronicles the programming improvements that results. This includes compiling, analyzing, designing and editing the final electronic document. Assists the Vice President in implementing the Institutional Effectiveness Plan and Schedule.
· Represents the College, department and related functions in both internal and external committees,
· Initiates and performs research and policy analyses relevant to anticipated institutional planning, policy, and decision-making needs.
· Works directly with College leadership and staff in obtaining data and related research for grants, program development, and other College projects.
· Provides relevant, timely, and accurate institutional information and reports to various College staff, the public and state/federal agencies for research and accountability purposes.
· Ensures College compliance with state and federal accountability reporting requirements.
· Assists the institution in identifying and understanding emerging trends and significant environmental changes to support the College in its planning and development efforts.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of federal, state and local political mandates, including reports and issues concerning higher education and accrediting associations. Knowledge and ability in developing and creating data files, file management, and retrieving/analyzing information using statistical analysis software. Knowledge and skill of relevant statistical programs, computer data files, and relational databases in conducting research project. Skill and ability to collect, analyze, verify, and manipulate research and statistical data and make recommendations. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management. Ability to develop and interpret financial data/plans and manage resources. Ability to think, reason and make sound judgments to decide and to manage or impart information completed in compliance with College standards and guidelines and to manage or impart information to a range of clientele and /or media sources. Ability to work effectively in a multi-ethnic/multi-cultural environment with students, faculty, staff, and leaders.
Master's degree in Economics, Business, Education, Social Science or related field, and 3 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative research, academic assessment, outcomes information presentation and curriculum development; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources Department.
Coconino Community College - 10 months ago