Join the Industry Pioneer
Launch an exciting career at Southern Air, the premier global air cargo service provider! We operate a fleet of B747-400BDSF’s and are the only ACMI operator of B777F’s, providing a wide range of air cargo services for the World’s Flag Carriers, Charter Brokers, Shippers and Governments.
Great talent is the key to our success, and we strive to create an environment where employees are enabled to contribute to their full potential by leveraging their unique experiences, perspective, and viewpoints. We take pride in delivering exceptional service to our customers, and providing our employees the experience of a lifetime… being part of a multi-cultural, global community which is shaping the future of our organization and touches the lives of people all over the world.
Southern Air requires an IT leader with business savvy, maturity, drive and resilience to work throughout the organization to lead the building of a world-class technology organization. The IT Director will report directly to the VP, CAO, and work across multiple internal functional areas within the company, including, corporate, operational and field-based clients.
The IT Director is responsible for understanding and translating the business needs of the company and internal client groups, and then developing/implementing technology and solutions that will meet these business needs with timely and cost justified solutions. He/she must work across the organization to build credibility and relationships that will enable sustainable long-term success, influencing as appropriate to ensure that the IT platforms and solutions will deliver the collective value that the organization wishes to achieve.
This individual will advance the adoption of systems, applications, standards and processes across the organization to rationalize the technology investments, and transform the IT organization to deliver against ‘future state’ demands. By establishing credibility and building trust, drive and implement changes that align with business demands. It is imperative that the new IT Director be able to forge strong relationships with the operational partners within the business and with corporate clients in the HQ office.
The IT Director will be responsible within broad policy framework for overall functional IT management, making recommendations to higher level business management concerning long‑range policies for information technology systems, including overall strategy and implementation.
This individual will have overall responsibility and accountability for the design, development, release and maintenance of technology systems and services for all company business functions, and corporate functional support.
In addition, the IT Director will manage Application Development, Help Desk, Technology Support, Business Continuation, Data Center and Telecommunications functions, and will work closely with customers, colleagues and other stakeholders to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize technology, improve business processes, and promote the strategic use of information technology for Sothern Air.
Southern Air is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
- Assess and improve the infrastructure and resources (both human and technical) for the technology environment with the result being improved reliability and resulting business unit confidence in critical technology infrastructure.
- Accelerate the usage of web-based technologies and enhance the skills of technical staff in support of data solutions for business objectives.
- Implement a discipline of change management process.
- Track and evaluate project progress with the emphasis on crisp implementation of projects from development to testing to evaluation.
- Providing leadership, vision and direction for technology systems and ensuring support of the business objectives and requirements behind those systems.
- Leads teams to obtain organizational results and works in partnership with others to achieve business objectives.
- Communicates corporate strategy and vision, performance expectations
- Supports the continued growth and development of all employees to promote competence and develop/maintain skills necessary to enhance continued business growth.
- Demonstrates Southern Air philosophy and values and ensures that philosophy and mission drive the day-to-day operating environment.
- Provides resources to encourage fiscally sound activities that support the growth plans of Southern Air.
- Performs other related duties and projects as assigned.