Leake & Watts seeks a highly motivated and experienced professional to serve as Director of Individual, Corporate and Foundation Giving at Leake & Watts. The Director of Individual, Corporate and Foundation Giving will be responsible for developing strategies to cultivate and successfully secure gifts and grants from foundations, corporations, and individuals, meeting an annual revenue target to advance the mission of the organization in coordination with the Director of Institutional Advancement. S/he will oversee the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all annual and major gifts at Leake & Watts. This is a great opportunity for a self ] starter to shape and drive the growing fundraising activities at a leading organization in the nonprofit sector in this newly created position. S/he will report directly to the Director of Institutional Advancement (IA).
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
· Develop and implement fundraising strategies for securing private support from individual, foundation and corporate donors with specified targets, timelines and roles/responsibilities in collaboration with the Director of IA and Executive Director.
· Develop and implement Major Gift program to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individual major gift donors; ensure that research and prospecting is conducted to create a deep prospect pool; e mphasis will be on securing a significant number of new gifts and gift upgrades through personal cultivation and solicitation
· Develop and manage individualized strategies to steward relationships with high-engagement institutional partners and individual donors
- Cultivate, solicit and steward support from corporations and foundations including assisting corporations in strengthening their brand and employee engagement through their support and researching of foundations' interests and engaging foundation staff and board members to cultivate and solicit support
- Research and write high quality, persuasive grant proposals and reports to corporate and foundation funders; oversee the grant reporting process and actively support the management of institutional relationships with support of the Grant Writer
· Develop multi-channel communications and other strategies for annual donors, achieving targets for an increase in number of donors, annual gift upgrades, and overall donor engagement; write and edit content for annual appeals and other fundraising/communications platforms
· Build relationships with program directors and others to acquire the information needed to solicit gifts and build donor relationships effectively; customize solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of donors/prospects
· Act as the primary liaison between the Young Professionals Committee and the development department, guiding and supporting their fundraising and other activities
· Support the efforts of the agency on social media and other media channels as they pertain to fundraising campaigns; with support from the Development Assistant, manage Leake & Watts fundraising data base (Raisers Edge) to ensure data integrity, cultivation and stewardship of all donors and donations
· Other related assignments as directed by the Director of IA
· Minimum of five years in fundraising, with success in securing major support from foundations, corporations, and individuals; progressive experience in successful development programs and knowledge of best practices in development
· Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree preferred; experience in a fund raising capacity at a human service or other non-profit agency or educational institution preferred; significant expertise with the areas funding community highly desirable
· High energy, creative, detail-oriented , pro-active outside-the-box thinker with an enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude and the ability to work independently
· Commitment to, and passion for, the mission and values of Leake & Watts
· Experience working in a major gifts fundraising position; proven experience in obtaining and stewarding a portfolio of 5 and 6 figure individual gifts with a successful track record of personally identifying, cultivating, and soliciting high net-worth individuals
· Proven track record of securing 5 and 6 figure corporate and foundation gifts; grant writing (private or public) or other significant writing experience required; experience in writing proposals for child welfare, education, early childhood, juvenile justice and/or developmental disabilities services preferred
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills; excellent oral communication and ability to participate in public speaking events
· Excellent written communication, research, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
· Flexible, organized, and detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekend hours
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office and a Raisers Edge (preferred) or a similar donor management system required
Leake & Watts has been providing social services for over 180 years, continually expanding our programs to meet the changing needs of...