The Director of Individual and Campaign Giving will be responsible for managing relationships with prospective donors and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important alumni and friends of the college.
• Be responsible for soliciting gifts in the 5-6 figure range from alumni and non-alumni friends and constituents;
• Manage relationships with prospective donors and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important alumni and friends of the college;
• Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development and advancement staff, and other College representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for college-wide priorities;
• Monitors and records all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations;
• Recommends and assists with programming involving the President, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, other academic and institutional partners, and campaign volunteer leaders;
• Manage a portfolio of primary prospects in select cities regionally and nationally;
• Must have ability and willingness to travel;
• Participate in all aspects of the gift cycle:
Initiate contacts with potential major gift donors
Develop appropriate cultivation strategies for them, including working with volunteers
Move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation and closure
Make solicitations when appropriate
Maintain stewardship contacts with donors; adhere to the highest ethical standards;
• Demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors;
• Focus on securing support for a set of campus-wide priorities that include, but are not limited to, endowed chairs, scholarships, unrestricted support, facility renovations, new facilities, and campus improvements.
• Provide counsel to the Vice President and Institutional Advancement team on outreach programming in the incumbent’s primary territory.
Primary Contacts: Prospects, Institutional Advancement Staff, President and President’s Administrative Assistant and Board of Trustee members.
Supervision Exercised: May direct routine activities of others in order to accomplish tasks.
Supervision Received: Reports to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement and works collaboratively and strategically with the College President, other fundraising professionals, faculty, and other campus leaders. Works under general direction toward broadly defined objectives; refers specific problems to the Vice President for Institutional Advancement when clarification or interpretation of organizational polices are involved.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: Must be a highly energetic professional with a proven track record of success creating a resource development strategy, increasing financial results and building upon relationships. A minimum of 5 years of proven, successful experience, preferably within a fundraising operation at an institution of higher education.
Specialized Training: Should possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be at ease in interpersonal relationships to achieve consensus and cooperation. Must possess ability to lead, direct and inspire colleagues, sponsors, and volunteers. Jenzabar experience a plus. Must have a valid driver’s license with a willingness and ability to travel.
Work Environment/ Physical Work Demands: multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work; willingness and ability to travel
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information with three professional references via e-mail to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu. Please include Attn: Director of Individual and Campaign Giving Search in your subject line. A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please click here to review the College's Non-Discrimination Policy. EOE
To send requests for a complete job description to Human_Resources@mail.msj.edu
College of Mount St. Joseph - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -