The IT Director will provide leadership for cross-corporate IT requirements and direct the organization responsible for achieving these requirements. This individual will plan and support IT-related projects in alignment with business objectives, evaluate and recommend appropriate technical solutions in the areas of infrastructure and applications, oversee management of network, security and telecommunications administration, and deploy and support ERP business applications.
This position is located near Nashville, TN.
· Provide overall leadership to IT team
· Lead the strategy, planning, direction and coordination of all activities associated with Host Systems, Windows, Linux, AIX, Solaris, and Voice and Data Networks, including Data Center Operations, Disaster Recovery and Capacity Planning.
· Analyze business situations and recommend technical solutions; plan and manage progress; report results to upper management.
· Oversee IT supplier agreements and identify areas for quality improvement and cost savings. Negotiate changes to contracts to match business needs.
· Provide direction and guidance to the managers of the teams providing network administration, telecommunication administration, e-mail and PBX administration, desktop support and helpdesk administration.
· Evolve the application architecture to meet business objectives and oversee the effective operation and utilization of the existing architecture.
· Develop short and long term technical goals for entire company.
· Support R&D software programming requirements as required.
· Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
· Establish IT SLA, escalation procedures and measure KPI.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, MS or PMP certification is a plus.
· 8+ years technical/IT experience as well as a history of successful on-time, on-budget applications/technology deployment projects.
· Strong understanding of all significant components of an overall IT architecture (infrastructure, applications, data management).
· Knowledge and experience with Cisco networking hardware, MPLS, SIP trunks, load balancers, blade-servers and SAN.
· Proven ability to effectively communicate complex IT problems and solutions in simple terms.
· At least 8 years experience in IT applications deployment and associated business process consulting.
· 5 years recent experience in a manufacturing environment.