The Center for American Progress is a progressive think tank dedicated to improving the lives of Americans through ideas and action. We are creating a long-term, progressive vision for America—a vision that policymakers, thought leaders, and activists can use to shape the national debate and pass laws that make a difference. The Center seeks a Director of Infrastructure Policy who will direct the Center’s work on infrastructure investments.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Qualifications and requirements:
- Direct the Center’s work on federal infrastructure issues.
- Produce timely and relevant analysis of infrastructure policy issues and legislation, authoring reports, issue briefs, columns, and other materials.
- Speak on behalf of CAP at external meetings and public events, and to the media.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policymakers and thought leaders outside of the organization.
- Represent CAP in coalitions and other advocacy efforts.
- Advise senior executives on infrastructure issues.
- Grow expertise on a wide range of infrastructure issues.
- Additional duties as assigned.
The following are not required, but are a plus:
- Several years of professional experience in and demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure issues.
- Excellent analytical and writing ability.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as a team.
- Comfortable working under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to CAP’s mission.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Federal or state legislative or executive branch experience.
- Experience working for a 501(c)(3) policy organization.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org .
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org .
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please .
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.