Daymon Worldwide’s Insights Director will be accountable for defining, leading and managing Market Research and Consumer Insights across the enterprise. She/He will work closely with the Senior Director Strategies and Insight, GBDT, Creative Services and Global brokerage teams’ leadership to identify market research needs and priorities, based on the company’s marketing strategy and operating plans, and based on an in-depth understanding of the consumer and competitive landscapes. This person is responsible for supporting an annual review of custom research services supporting the business development opportunities provided along with a plan for the following year to grow and develop this discipline within the company.
Through the accumulation of data from multiple sources, including customer shopping data (covering both business channels), consumer research, Marketing & Advertising program analyses, and outside data sources, the Insights Director will be responsible for providing consumer intelligence and recommendations for company strategy, as well as marketing and advertising decisions. This position will drive the formulation of our customer understanding, our competitive understanding and our marketing strategy.
Overall, the Insights Director will champion a culture of deep target consumer understanding and empathy that becomes internalized by business partners (globally) and becomes a foundational element for key decisions and the go-to-market process. This role has the potential to have a substantial impact across all of Daymon Worldwide, including how we concept, design, and develop products, to how we communicate to customers and consumers.
Duties, Responsibilities and Expected Contributions
- Oversee the management of syndicated research requests and development of global consumer trends.
- Ensure alignment across team members to accomplish project and business goals
- Support client facing teams by interfacing with key clients to further establish credibility and strengthen relationships
- Identify, develop, and pursue opportunities to improve research strategy and effectiveness and efficiency of processes
- Support and leverage syndicated tool vendor management.
- Oversee the selection of outside research suppliers; participate in the screening and selection process.
- Responsible for planning, coordination and management of vendor user research studies/projects to ensure projects are completed according to schedule and budget.
- Ensure vendor(s) deliver highest quality interface with consumers and provide direct line to consumer comments, issues and insights to drive business results.
- Oversee and assist with the analysis of research studies utilizing frameworks and models to identify consumer needs, attitudes and behaviors. Focus on translating research data into real insight and actions that builds the brand/business performance.
- Facilitate delivery of concise presentations of findings and insights providing context, rationale and recommended actionable business solutions.
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the marketing field (i.e., research technologies and practices). Maintain the knowledge necessary to develop department goals and programs, and retain professional competence.
- Partner with Global Business Development and Marketing and Branding to leverage market measurement (Market size and share and brand health and equity) to assess brand and competitive market performance.
- Collaborates with field marketing leads, creative services and GBD to establish a cohesive customer communication contact strategy to ensure alignment in all business efforts
- Consults with teams to develop new business strategies and provide guidance on their relation and/or support of other initiatives.
- Attract a develop top talent
- Improve analytical skills across the U.S. customer base
- Create and execute development plans for direct reports
- Increase the technical competency of the research team, ensuring team are experts in choosing best research designs/methods/analytics and effectively communicating and interpreting findings to leadership
- Assist in the development of talent that can deployed within the global Daymon businesses
- Share in fostering a culture of strategic thinking and outcomes. Share in developing skills such as model/process development and insight generation
- Create a team that will be viewed as the go-to internal resource for retailer and consumer insights Strategic Leadership
- Executes and assists in the development and deployment of unique and ownable tools and models build on trends, insights and strategies to meet and exceed our partner’s needs
- Support the vision and provide insights to Senior Director Strategy and Insights on corporate strategy issues and opportunities, opportunities to drive increased profitability, innovation and as requested organizational design and process management
- Reinforces and executes upon established research standards (methods, reporting, data warehousing, vendor management) across the company, conducting innovative new research, executing strategic corporate cross-brand research. Deploys results reporting to the organization. In partnership with accounts, assists and facilitates in the effective implementation of rules of engagement
- Create Insights driven culture and organization that that synthesizes multi-source information to create actionable strategic insights to drive better decisions
- Own relationships with industry personnel, customers and potential customers at the executive (SVP or VP ) level
- Opportunity for breaking down silos, collaborating with Daymon brokerage businesses, the Corporate office and other subsidiaries in order to create opportunities
· Bachelors degree required, MBA or Masters preferred
· Minimum 10, 15+ years preferred with direct client or agency CPG-type Market Research experience.
· Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects
· Expertise in quantitative and qualitative market research methods, including primary survey research techniques, concept-product testing and advertising testing.
· Working knowledge of segmentation, needs-state research, advanced statistical techniques (conjoint, regression, factor and cluster analysis).
· Ability to understand, integrate and synthesize primary and secondary data to form insightful observations and clear, actionable business implications.
· Demonstrated ability to effectively lead a research and insights team that drives knowledge and innovation, along with an entrepreneurial spirit and results orientation.
Functional Knowledge and Business Expertise Required:
· Strong communication skills in a variety of mediums and the savvy to know audience
· Ability to interface and work with all levels in the organization including, senior leadership
· Ability to communicate vision of the programs to the team, internal customers, customers and suppliers
· Experience in building, managing and developing high performing teams
· Strong creative/problem solving skills
· Experience bringing new process/products to market
· Strong consumer understanding and appreciation
· Ability to manage/empower direct reports
· Ability to work within a collaborative team environment
· Influence and motivate decentralized organization
· Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Exceptional in data manipulation and research
· Primarily works in an office environment. Up to 15% travel(some international)
Daymon - 19 months ago