Manhattan College is seeking a dynamic Director of Institutional Research and Assessment. This position reports to the Provost/ Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs. The Director of Institutional Research and Assessment will play a key role in helping the college achieve its objectives as articulated in its strategic plan. The Director will provide leadership in the generation, analysis and dissemination of academic and administrative data for use in planning, policy-formulation, decision making, and budgeting to ensure that there is reliable evidence that the College and all academic and administrative units achieve the objectives as articulated in the strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all planning, assessment and institutional research-related activities
- Design or identify, collect and maintain college-wide assessment results, which includes coordinating the work of College assessment committees and analyzing and interpreting data for informed decision making and reporting.
- Ensure data integrity
- Recommend changes to data collection, maintenance and use to improve data quality.
- Provide expert consultation to academic and administrative units on outcomes articulation and assessment, research methodology, data management, and data analysis and interpretation for their own programs of self-study, planning and assessment activities.
- Provide support for the strategic planning process by providing appropriate data and trend analysis for informed decision making
- Supervise the administration of selected institutional surveys, including the College’s Senior Survey, NSSE, Noel Levitz SSI, etc., and support the decentralized research and analysis activities of other college departments, including the development of surveys and other methods of data collection.
- Conduct special studies as requested by senior leadership of the college.
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Master’s degree plus at least five years of experience in design and implementation of planning, research and assessment activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research design, sampling, statistical analysis and data interpretation including creating reports and presentation of results and recommendations.
- Ability to manage a complex set of projects with deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to use integrated data bases such as Access and Excel and statistical software such as SPSS.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Manhattan College - 20 months ago