Director of Internal Audit
- Perform all assigned duties in accordance with the
International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
- Provide functional leadership of the financial/operational/supply chain audit process and ensure assigned audits are completed in compliance with department policies and procedures.
- Review, approve and manage progress against audit work plans, delegate appropriately, ensure internal quality control and provide flexible alternatives in order to manage multiple on-going work tasks.
- Direct teams of professionals in conducting internal audits throughout the organization of financial/operational/supply chain areas involving all exposure risk effectively report on results.
- Assist with the enterprise risk assessment.
- Interface with the external auditors and coordinate activities to provide maximum benefit to the organization.
- Evaluate internal control environment and financial statement presentation compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley objectives.
- Prepare reports and make presentations to various management levels concerning the internal audit program.
- Monitor the audit report issuance cycle to ensure conformity with the Internal Audit Charter guidelines.
- Identify areas/ processes for improvement and propose recommendations.
- Organize, prepare and present proposals, analytical assessments and other special projects.
- Prepare evaluations of applicable staff in accordance with Company Focal program.
- Maintain current knowledge of audit techniques and principles.
- Assist with developing annual resource forecasts and manages resource allocations and approval of travel expenses, and projects.
- Exceed annual CPE credit requirements to preserve professional certification(s).
- Represent the Corporate Audit function on significant cross-functional teams, at times providing leadership to these efforts.
- Degree in Business, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance
- Professional Certification (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.)
- 10 years business experience
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Team player
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- High level of integrity
- PC Skills; Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to travel up to 20% to GAP domestic and international site
- 5 years of public accounting or internal audit experience
- Experience with Visio flowcharting and Microsoft Project software programs
- Alternate language capabilities
GAP Inc - 18 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...