National Instruments is seeking a Director of Internal Audit to lead our internal audit team in Austin, Texas. The Director of Internal Audit develops the strategy and manages the execution of the internal audit function. Primary responsibilities include planning, conducting and supervising audits in order to identify and mitigate risk, evaluate compliance with policies and identify areas for improvement.
• Perform risk assessment and develop the annual internal audit plan
• Determine the strategy, scope and priority of internal audit activities
• Manage the execution of financial, operational, information systems, and compliance related reviews
• Design audit plans and supervise tests of internal controls to ensure effectiveness and support of business objectives including compliance with company policies, laws and regulations
• Direct the risk assessment, testing and evaluation of internal controls over financial reporting as required by Sarbanes-Oxley
• Communicate findings, analysis and recommendations for improvement to the audit committee and to management
• Partner with the external auditors to provide audit support and maximize audit efficiency
• Represent internal audit on cross functional projects as necessary
• Exercise professional skepticism, judgment and objectivity
• Work closely with all levels of management, recommending changes to strengthen controls, increase efficiencies and reduce risks
• Develop audit committee agendas and present results of internal audit activities to the committee
• Supervise internal audit staff, establish expectations, provide feedback and development support for internal audit staff members
Please Note: National Instruments will NOT petition from H1-B or TN status for this position.
• Accounting degree and CPA required
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
• Minimum of 4 years of management experience
• Previous internal audit or external audit experience required
• Experience with risk assessment, internal control analysis, audit procedures and Sarbanes-Oxley
• Ability to travel internationally (10% - 15%)
• Action-oriented, self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to manage time and complete multiple projects concurrently
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to think critically and creatively
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 6,300 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 14 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
National Instruments - 20 months ago
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...