Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this position will be responsible for leading the internal audit function and is responsible for planning and conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls. This position also determines compliance with selected policies, procedures, and regulations as well as makes written recommendations to senior management to increase efficiency and/or effectiveness of the control systems of functions reviewed. Performs target audits as requested by senior leadership or the Audit Committee. The work will include managing audits including evaluating internal controls, performing and documenting audit test work, communicating audit issues to management, writing audit reports, identifying emerging areas of risk and recommending opportunities for more effective and efficient audit processes.
· Lead the Internal Audit team via mentorship and continuous development, fostering a culture of constant improvement and progress.
· Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations. Resolve audit problems that occur and develop modifications to coverage and schedule.
· Review management action plans and monitor implementation of recommendations proposed by Internal Audit, as well as the independent auditors, to ensure that root causes have been identified and issues are adequately addressed and mitigated.
· Ensure work papers are adequately documented and audit evidence is sufficient. Prepare accurate audit reports for senior leadership and the Audit Committee.
· Perform annual risk assessment during audit planning and development of the audit strategy, audit plan and audit scope.
· Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy/procedure development and operational improvements.
· Oversee the execution of other tasks or special projects when required by management, such as reviews of system implementations, due diligence reviews, fraud investigation, etc.
· Maintain a dialogue with other industry colleagues from professional audit organizations as well as other private and public companies and otherwise research to keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and audit methodology in order to proactively shape internal audit practices and procedures.
· Discuss updates of new regulations with senior leadership, Audit Committee and relevant departments. Provide other relevant Internal Audit updates to Audit Committee and/or Board of Managers.
· Coordinate Internal Audit activities with those of the external auditors to ensure proper audit coverage, eliminate duplicate efforts and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of audit activities.
· Partner with functional leadership and their staff in developing strong, professional and independent relationships to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the business to enable value added recommendations that improve efficiency and effectiveness.
· Promote high levels of ethical awareness and conduct within the company and allocate resources towards conducting investigations of potential ethical concerns and/or conflicts of interest.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required
· CPA strongly preferre, CIA designation beneficial
· 10+ years of progressive internal audit experience in a corporate internal audit department
· 5+ years managing or supervising others
· Must possess a thorough understanding of financial audit principles and the Sarbanes Oxley Act balanced with a demonstrated ability to understand key business drivers and issues having successfully implemented those principles in a complex environment.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Founded in 1993, P.F. Chang’s menu remains true to its original vision of creating delicious cuisine inspired by the Asian culture. No...