RPM Mortgage, Inc. is a California based mortgage banking firm seeking a Director of Internal Audit who will be responsible for preparing and implementing a risk based audit plan to assess, report on, and make recommendations for improving RPM’s operational and financial activities, and enhancing the effectiveness of RPM’s internal controls and compliance management system. This position is located at our Home Office in Alamo, CA and reports directly to the Board of Directors with administrative reporting relationship to the EVP, Chief Financial Officer.
- Identify, understand and document processes and procedures surrounding internal controls. Continually monitor and assess RPM’s control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments.
- Prepare and update a comprehensive risk-based audit plan for evaluating the effectiveness of controls in place to manage significant risk exposures, insure the integrity and reliability of information and financial reporting, safeguard company’s assets, and comply with laws and regulations.
- Track management action plans established from completed audits for implementation and effectiveness.
- Establish audit programs and procedures for conducting internal audit engagements.
- Report findings to senior management and the Board of Directors.
- Coordinate activities with external auditors to support their audit and review procedures.
Essential Core Competencies:
Qualifications – Education and Experience:
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize projects and tasks while maintaining flexibility in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment.
- Strong understanding of internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business functions.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction and guidance.
- Ability to manage and lead a small team of auditors.
- Strong analytical skills with an eye for accuracy and detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality due to access to non-public personal information.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. recently ranked 6 th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of mortgage loan professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), and/or MBA desirable.
- Minimum 7-10 years at a commercial bank, mortgage company, or public accounting firm with an emphasis in internal audit or compliance.
- Familiarity with mortgage compliance and federal consumer financial protection regulations.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IIA standards.
- Knowledge of Conventional/FHA/VA and investor guidelines and requirements.