Western Dental Services, Inc., California's largest dental services provider and one of the nation's largest dental HMO's, is looking for a bright, motivated, Director of Internal Audit. This position requires at least 10+ years of business management, and financial experience and 3+ years audit experience with a nationally recognized public accounting firm or Internal Auditor Certification to join Western's team. Western Dental's team consists of over 4,400 professionals and nonclinical employees at Western's corporate headquarters in Orange, California and more than 300 dental clinic locations.
- Plan and conduct audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations, inclusive of compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 statutory requirements.
- Resolve audit problems that occur and develop modifications to coverage and schedule.
- Ensure work papers are adequately documented and audit evidence is sufficient. Prepare accurate audit reports for the Chief Financial Officer.
- Elicit information from knowledgeable internal/external sources about areas and functions to determine appropriate audit direction/methodology. Research all pertinent data (law, current issues, work papers, reports). Develop reasonable budgeted hours.
- Research and keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends and audit methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with the Chief Financial Officer, the Board of Directors and the Audit Committee, and the relevant departments.
- Assist in developing annual audit plan and submit to the Chief Financial Officer for review and approval.
- Assist external auditors as appropriate. Assist in coordinating the Company's response to audit findings and recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with company policies and practices by each of its respective local dental office staff.
- Create and develop vehicles for tracking and reporting performance of the dental offices to Operations Management.
- Ability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting reasonable judgment and realistically understanding of the issues
- Provide direct assistance to independent accountants in conjunction with the Western Dental's annual financial statement audits.
- Promote awareness of internal controls and to discuss changes in policies that will impact the system flow of information.
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy/procedure development and operational improvements.
- Supervise and guide staff in support of the Company's mission and audit initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4-year college or university. Master's in Business Administration preferred
- Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Fraud Examiner preferred
- 10+ years of business, management, and financial experience
- 3+ years of audit experience with a nationally recognized public accounting firm
- Excellent verbal and written communications, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Travel will be required on a periodic basis
CareerBuilder - 16 months ago