Neustar, Inc., (NYSE: NSR) is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment and marketing industries throughout the world. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies in routing, addressing and authentication to its customers’ data to help them identify new revenue opportunities and network efficiencies, and institute cybersecurity and fraud protection measures. Our vision is to be the single most trusted source of commercial insight and analysis for our Customers.
Neustar is a place where the entrepreneurial spirit is strong. We embrace innovation and encourage the development of bold new ideas. This is deeply rooted in our culture and comes through in everything we do. Our world-class technology, innovative solutions and experienced employee base have been catalysts for customer success for more than a decade – infusing voice, video and data transactions with true innovation and unparalleled performance.
We are seeking a strategic communications leader to support our growing and geographically disparate information services and analytics organization through a cultural transformation. S/he will have significant change communication experience and 10+ years of experience driving internal or organizational communication.
S/he will develop communication strategies to facilitate the achievement of leadership objectives, develop communication strategies to successfully position initiatives, and supervise the communication staff and work with senior leaders to support all of the organization’s internal communication needs.
Key relationships include the senior leadership team, CEO, SVP HR, functional leaders, Business Unit leaders, directors, managers, and other communication resources across the company. Position reports to Vice President of Corporate Marketing and works closely with HR and all Marketing and Communications leaders.
- Creates and leads an annual strategic internal communication planning process.
- Facilitates a process with leadership to set the internal strategic communication agenda.
- Based on the communication agenda, works with communication staff and business leaders (i.e., CEO and other key stakeholders) to develop the strategic messages and plan to drive the agenda throughout the year.
- Anticipates and plans internal communication strategies for organizational changes and specific organizational events.
- Provides quarterly strategic internal communication plan updates to the senior leadership team.
- Leverages knowledge of communication and the employee mindset to advise and assist the senior leadership team’s decision-making.
- Responsible for overall effectiveness of all internal communication.
- Produces valuable feedback and shares it directly with leaders that highlight issues and provides recommendations to address those issues.
- Establishes, maintains, and serves as the keeper of internal communication processes, standards, and best practices.
- Develops organizational communication standards in policies, processes, and tools.
- Oversees the content for the company’s intranet and the plan to drive employees to the intranet.
- Sets guidelines and standards for the intranet site and communicates them to all stakeholders.
- Works with communication staff to schedule and execute campaign events.
- Identifies and ensures the production, ongoing maintenance, and evaluation of appropriate vehicles for communication.
- Introduces new communication vehicles or channels, when needed and valuable for the organization.
- Measures the effectiveness of communication within the company.
People / Relationship Management
Communication Content, Process, and Delivery
- Identifies the relational requirements needed for effectively executing the communication infrastructure and strategies.
- Works with senior leadership on an ongoing basis and acts as leadership’s trusted communication advisor.
- Supervises and manages direct reports’ performance, and ensures the development of direct reports.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to direct reports and others, as needed.
- Actively builds and manages relationships with marketing and external communication staff across the company to promote the strategic agenda, identify communication opportunities, and foster collaboration and mutual support.
- Designs and develops content to achieve communication strategies and objectives.
- Translates senior leadership messages into communications that are appropriate for all levels of associates.
- Partners with HR to develop and deliver …
- Broad-based communications around cultural transformation
- Integrated communication strategies to ensure consistency and alignment of messages for all HR processes (compensation and benefits, engagement efforts, etc.)
- Works with appropriate levels of leadership to manage the approval process for all communications.
- Partners with Corporate Marketing colleagues to ensure consistent internal brand messaging across all communications channels, e.g. intranet, newsletters, emails.
Work Experience and Education
- Proven track record using communication to move organizations through transformation.
- Significant experience working in environments of change.
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible communications experience, with 5 or more years of experience in internal, organizational, or corporate communications.
- Experience in technology or information and analytic services industry is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, public relations, or journalism, Masters degree is a plus.
Personal Traits and Skillsets
- Ability to deal well and meet deadlines with competing priorities, heavy workloads, and rapidly changing communication and organizational environments.
- Proven writing capabilities for a variety of formats, including organizational communications, executive speeches, and presentations.
- Comfortable dealing with high-level executives and demonstrates an ability to counsel senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V.
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.
Visit us at www.neustarlife.biz
NeuStar shines as a key provider of registry and clearinghouse services used in telecommunications and Internet networks. The company...