Director of International Admission
The successful candidate will be an articulate, organized, dynamic, and enthusiastic team player. Excellent organizational and management skills are necessary. This position will report to the VP of Admission for TCS Education System and will work closely with the AVP of International Services.
This position will be responsible for recruiting International students for all eligible campuses within TCS ES. The responsibilities will include all listed below, as well as all responsibilities of an admission counselor.
Principle Director Duties:
- Responsible for meeting enrollment goals and recruiting a qualified class.
- Provide direct supervision, planning, inspiration, and motivation to the Office of Admission.
- Act as primary liaison to lead faculty/department chairs regarding enrollment goals, admission decisions, as well as engaging them in the recruitment process
- Build relationships, and closely communicate with institutional directors, especially accounting, student finance, student services, admission operations and international student services.
- Conduct immigration training for all new Designated School Officials (DSOs) and Alternate Responsible Officers (AROs) and oversee international services at all campuses.
- Act as primary contact with officials from the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Department of State (DOS) and related agencies (SEVP, USCIS), and international legal counsel.
- Develop strategies for timely reading of applications, files, communicating with students, and the proper selection of students. This will include planning for the waitlist.
- Manage, coordinate, conduct and analyze all weekly, monthly and annual admission reports (including monthly and annual reports from admission events and recruitment efforts)
- Provide, manage and produce weekly, monthly and yearly applicant, inquiry, and enrollment reports.
- Assist in developing yearly admission strategic plan and recruitment calendar.
- Establish, coordinate, and run monthly joint meetings between Enrollment Services departments to ensure all are abreast of changes.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with Academic Program Directors, Financial Services, Facilities, Student Services, and Registrar to coordinate efforts in purchasing, events, admission, and communication for the office and recruitment efforts.
- Manages yearly budget.
- Manages Admission budget (spending) as well as creates annual budget with the Vice President of Admission
- Maintains and ensures website is current and flows properly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Principle Admission Counselor Duties:
- Interviewing/Counseling of prospective students, applicants and their families when necessary.
- Reviews and Evaluates applications for admission when necessary.
- Contacts and counsels prospective students when necessary or asked by Program Director.
- Represent the school at graduate fairs and conferences.
- Establish professional connections and meet with academic departments and career centers at Colleges & Universities
- Ability to conduct campus tours.
- Tele and e-mail counseling
- Assist in all administrative aspects of the admission process, including data entry, answering incoming calls, and answering any questions pertaining to the admission process.
- Oversee Student and Exchange Visitor Information Service (SEVIS) related paperwork for current incoming international students.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent public speaking, strong writing skills, and effective organizational and planning capabilities are necessary.
- Experience advising and counseling prospective international students for admission to degree programs.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively with people from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Experience in staff management, as well as event planning/coordination is preferred.
- Computer skills including word processing, access and crystal reports database management and power point.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and personal car are necessary.
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends are required.
- Must be able to represent, recruit, and work within a diverse community.
- Knowledge of SEVIS
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Experience with international students preferred.
- Five to six years of admission experience with progressive growth is required.
TCS Education System - 11 months ago