The Director of Kitchen Operations will oversee production of food at DCCK Main Kitchen and Nutrition Lab and for all contracts excluding School meals. The Director serves a leadership role ensuring a consistent, quality product while delivering unprecedented customer service. This person oversees all Nutrition Lab and Main Kitchen culinary activities including but not limited to procurement, contract related activities, catering, staffing and personnel management. This position interfaces with various departments to include: Culinary Operations, Culinary Job Training, Partner Relations, Transportation, Human Resources and Finance. This position requires a high level of Professional integrity with a strong ability to influence others while fundamentally "Leading by example".
DC Central Kitchen (DCCK) is a national leader in the future of hunger relief, empowering the next generation of leaders to implement innovative models for combatting hunger, developing food systems, and helping communities to help themselves.
Director of Kitchen Operations will report and consult directly with the COO with compliance to Standards and Operating Plans/Procedures that ensures continuity between service and product. This position will be integral in the organizations growth and expansion into a diverse Revenue Generating Market Sector while sustaining our "Local, Conscious Cuisine".
- Manage and lead diverse culinary staff at two locations.
- Designs and implements menus for Fresh Start, Partner Agency Meals and other contract food.
- Works closely with the Fresh Start and Partner Agency Meals teams to insure consistent quality product across the entire organization.
- Consults with Procurement frequently to optimize food cost and review product donations.
- Responsible for implementation of on-going training programs to enhance culinary skills, menu knowledge and customer and volunteer relationship skills.
- Works directly with the Catering Sales and Event Management Team on seasonal, local and sustainable menu enhancements. FSC will solicit client feedback to improve our product quality while strengthening our relationships in the community.
- Takes the lead with on-going HACCP and Safe Food Handling Training.
- Establishes open lines of communication between all departments and is a team player within the organization.
- Cross train and utilizes culinary staff when needed to maximize training and exposure while minimizing cost.
- Maintains strong vendor relationships while meeting regularly to discuss seasonal influenced products and availability.
- Work with Culinary Operations and Procurement on cross-utilization of common products (specifically local Produce) to streamline cost.
- Seeks consistent improvement in quality of menus, presentation and customer satisfaction across organization
- Develops disposable and equipment standards for DCCK.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are established regarding delivery, staging and packaging of food items.
- 5 years of Management Experience
- 5 years experience of culinary experience
- Proficient in on-line procurement ordering and catering software (Cater-ease).
- Advance knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft word, power-point, excel.
- Ability to coordinate high volume production at multiple locations.
- Displays consistent professional and interpersonal leadership skills.
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure and lead by example.
- Must portray a keen eye for detail and anticipate potential changes to existing or new "Pop-up" opportunities.
- Continues to look for areas of improvement and is self motivated.
- Knowledgeable of local and sustainable initiatives.
- Possession of Food Safety Manager Certification
- Develop menu's based on seasonal donations/procurement.
- Maintain excellent forms of food presentation and looks for new and innovative ways of styling food.
****** PLEASE READ: Please combine cover letter and resume into one document as the system only allows one upload per submission.*******
StogjmslkgfdlksStrong Leadership and interbsdfkkfElfgkkgf;eExe******;DKF;LSKF;LDSFLKMDFLK;FEWL;EWFL;WFEL;KFWRF3'ple