As a key member of the executive team, the Director of Learning & Talent Management (LTM) reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer and has full operational and profit and loss (P&L) responsibilities. The candidate oversees a portfolio of business providing solutions to the federal government in the areas of project management services, customized Learning Management Systems (LMS) design and development, infrastructure development of Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS), courseware development, implementation and integration support services, and technical training/human capital/change management consulting services.
The candidate must have expert understanding of the broader Training and Human Capital Industry. They must also possess expertise in LMS and LCMS technologies and solutions. The candidate will identify, propose, execute and achieve customer and contract expectations for multiple projects and clients across the federal government. They will lead efforts to build new capabilities and develop solutions for Sevatec customers in the areas of training, learning, human resources, employee development, etc. This position requires a leader with experience working directly with customers to gather requirements, propose solutions including technical and pricing strategies, and execute on a variety of contract types, to include firm fixed priced contracts.
Business Unit Responsibilities
- Has overall P/L responsibility and accountability for the LTM practice area. Manages the execution of projects, ensuring contract compliance, financial performance, resource management, and customer satisfaction.
- Build the LTM practice resulting in long-range sustainability and market value beyond small business set-asides. Sevatec’s portfolio of business and capabilities must continue to expand and the services must be defensible in a full and open environment.
- Pricing and negotiating scope of services and requirements with clients while managing matrixed delivery teams on multiple projects successfully.
- Ensure that all of Sevatec’s engagements are have a high level of client satisfaction yielding strong performance references from clients.
- Achieve growth targets and gross margins per Sevatec’s established goals.
Candidate "Must Haves"
- Work closely with key members of Senior Management team on strategic priorities and initiatives:
- Strategic planning and development of corporate goals; operational planning, monitoring, risk management, and financial performance
- Financial and contractual matters; proposal pricing, project financial and contractual accountability
- Personnel issues and policy communication; team building, long range hiring strategies
- Internal teaming and cross selling; teamwork; mentoring
- Leveraging corporate-wide BD and Proposal resources to capture and win new business.
Education and Experience
- Leadership, and Management
- A self-starter, an entrepreneur, a "builder"- proven experience starting, building, and managing successful business areas.
- Experience proactively identifying issues and opportunities and engaging appropriate resources for resolution and action.
- Experienced in matrix management of teams across multiple project life-cycles for firm fixed price environments.
- Experience working with customers to understand and negotiate scope including price with assumptions.
- Masters Degree or PhD in related field, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 15 years of management level experience and 10 years of experience consulting engagements within at least 5 years in the federal government industry to include leadership responsibility in operations management, business development and corporate development.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification required. ITIL V3 Foundation Certification a plus.