About Farm Family
Farm Family is a group of insurance companies headquartered in Glenmont, New York, just 2 miles south of Albany, and is part of the American National family of companies. The Farm Family group has over $500 million annual revenue and over $2 billion in assets.
Farm Family offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k), flexible Paid Time Off, Education Assistance and Flexible Spending programs.
Farm Family is looking for a Director of Underwriting to join our Life Company!
Primary responsibilities include:
· Effectively manage underwriting staff, which includes involvement in personnel selection, training, development and evaluation, as well as a responsibility to provide guidance with respect to proper procedures and standards.
· Engage with producers to stimulate sales success. Building Customer/ Agent Relationships. Handling complaints to resolution, conducting proactive activities, communicating confidence in business and service.
· Evaluate policies and procedures of Life Underwriting department to ensure efficiency and accuracy.
· Responsible for modernization of the Life Underwriting department to meet or exceed current industry standards.
· Ensure the adherence and application of insurance regulation relating to issuance and risk classification.
· Monitor quality assurance and perform quality control reviews of risk assessment and other work performed
· Complete daily underwriting audits, quarterly individual and team summary audit reports.
· Foster effective relations with reinsurers to ensure prompt reinsurance decisions and utilize their underwriting expertise.
· Four-year college degree.
· At least 5 years supervisory experience with life insurance underwriting experience.
· Coursework completed toward LOMA, CLU or FALU preferred.
· FLMI or CLU designation highly desirable.
· A combination of applicable experience and designations will be considered in lieu of degree.
In support of a safe, drug free environment, criminal background checks and drug & alcohol testing are part of our hiring process. EOE