Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (NYSE: WMT) serves customers and members more than 208 million times per week at more than 8,600 retail units under 59 different banners in 15 countries. With fiscal year 2010 sales of $405 billion, Wal-Mart employs more than 2 million associates worldwide.
Global Business Process (GBP)
Acting as an internal consultant for Wal-Mart´s wholesale division (includes both Sam’s club and Maxxi Atacado). This role will
Identify root cause problems and developing solutions and improvements for Wal-Mart´s wholesale division.
Work collaboratively with the Walmart Productivity Team in Brazil, the International Wholesale Department and the Global Business Processes Team,
Successfully design, implement and execute projects with the objective of increasing profits and improving key KPI´s
Create and drive strategic goals
Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics
Develop Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce
Develop and leverage internal and external partnerships and networks to maximize the achievement of business goals
Develop organizational talent
Drive change initiatives to achieve desired results
Drive execution of current corporate programs
Drive operational compliance with corporate programs and processes and makes recommendations for corrective actions to ensure adherence to standard procedures
Manage a portion of the department budget and profit and loss (P&L)
Provide overall direction for GBP
Provide tactical solutions for cross-functional team processes to maximize results
Click to learn more about the GBP Brazil Implemintation Team.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- The ability to identify key strategic areas of the business where improvements to root problems can be made, with the drive to put these projects into operation, and follow through with the implementation.
- A strong and effective communicator, with the ability to sell and communicate their ideas and results upwards in the organization.
- A strong leader, in order to effectively manage internal stakeholders, and drive and deliver the desired results.
- Significant senior manager or director level experience.
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience in retail consulting, merchandising, logistics, or operations.
- Strong analytical capabilities, with the ability to see the wholesale department from a strategic perspective.
- Fluent in Portuguese and/or Spanish, proficient in English.
- A retail, consultant or wholesale background, focusing on project management and operations.
- Relocation to Brazil, with the desire to remain in Brazil for the medium – long term future.
Director of Logistics GBP
Walmart Stores - 23 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...