Responsible for logistics management functions throughout the organization. Responsible for all or most of the following: inventory management, warehousing, distribution, transportation and customer service. The position has limited involvement with procurement, and production planning. Supervises other managers as well as professional staff at one or more location(s). The position has responsibility for operational efficiencies and effectiveness, coaching, training, and personnel decisions and actions, labor and cost management, profitability, quality control, and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs the negotiations and auditing of domestic and international shipping contracts.
2. Ascertains industry/logistics best practices to identify new and/or unique programs to differentiate our customers from the marketplace and drive customer satisfaction.
3. Ensures that all departments understand customer requirements and regulatory guidelines for all logistics operations, including service and repair.
4. Provides a high level of oversight and guidance to all logistics channels.
5. Ensure that operations are performed in support of the company’s goals and objectives.
6. Develop and refine operating policies and procedures to ensure safe and efficient operations.
7. Responsible for hiring decisions, training, performance evaluations, and disciplinary actions. Suggests merit increases, and recommends promotions.
8. Coordinate with Global Trade the development of international logistics functions.
9. Up to 10% travel required
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree preferred.
• Extensive Logistics Management experience with an international company, preferably Medical Device based.
• Ten years of experience of people management required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
• Clear, concise writing and documentation skills, ability to effectively work and communicate with employees of all levels.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
General knowledge of:
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• ERP software
• Warehouse Management Software (implementation experience preferred)
Arthrex - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -