To oversee the quality, quantity and costs of field Vendor Loss Control Contractors and BHHC loss control employees. Scope includes quality control assessment and improvement, training and invoice approval. Responsible for the ongoing development and training of BHHC Loss Control employees. Responsible for the development and implementation of enhancements to our Loss Control Services. Responsible for setting annual performance goals and metrics.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the California Loss Control department. Directly supervises LC Manager, LC Supervisor and LC Technical Advisor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Review completed work product daily for timeliness, thoroughness and quality. Provide feedback and corrective measures to assure compliance with predetermined standards.
- Evaluate, implement and monitor LC Service standards.
- On a daily basis, provide feedback, Coaching and Counseling to maximize performance of BHHC staff and contracted vendors.
- As received, review work product, and matching invoices for reasonableness and accuracy.
- Conduct technical training for Vendor Contractors, assigned staff, other BHHC departments and customers.
- Travel with vendors and BHHC staff when needed to access the quality of their service delivery and to provide coaching and counseling as necessary.
- Prepare monthly management report of activities and progress.
- As necessary, terminate vendors who consistently fall short of performance expectations.
- Assist in annual Budget and Performance Review process of assigned staff.
- Conduct a formal annual Review of the quality of work by each assigned Vendor Contractor. Such review to include personal observations in the field and interviews by a sampling of clients. Work closely with any contractors rated unacceptable to improve or terminate.
- Contract with new vendors as needed.
- Develop tools, safety resource material and webinars to improve the loss control services we provide to our customers.
- Conduct monthly conference calls with CA Loss Control staff
- Assist in pre-sale meetings with large, high profile accounts.
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; plus a minimum of 10 years field experience plus experience supervising staff and managing vendors.
- LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- MATH ABILITY: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- TECHNICAL SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of office operations, workflow analysis, and current technologies in telecommunications, data entry and file management.
- COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft word processing software; Microsoft spreadsheet software; and be proficient on applicable databases, systems and vendor software programs.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: While management skills are necessary those are secondary to this position’s ability evaluate and correct technical performance deficiencies for contractors and assigned employees.
- CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES: CSP or PE preferred but not a requirement. Valid Drivers license and insurable under company’s automobile police.
COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE:
- Disability and AD&D
- Retirement & Savings Plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of salary
- Education Assistance Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
The Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies (BHHC) is a group of six insurance companies that are part of the Berkshire Hathaway Insurance Group, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska. Our Workers Compensation Division provides premier workers compensation insurance coverage to employers across the country, with offices in San Francisco, San Diego, Pasadena, Omaha, St. Louis, Atlanta, and Dallas.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway insurance group, BHHC has earned an enviable record of success in the insurance industry that is supported by an A++ A.M. Best rating, the highest rating they award insurance carriers. Our corporate size enables our organization to react swiftly and effectively to opportunities in the insurance marketplace. At the same time, our financial strength provides our agents and insureds the security rarely available in a regional specialty carrier.
We value each individual and recognize that attracting and retaining high quality talent is essential to the success of our company. Our structure minimizes bureaucracy and creates an environment that encourages our employees to see the direct effects of their hard work throughout the company. Each division provides hands on training and maintains a small company feel, creating an atmosphere in which 'team players' thrive.
BHHC - 5 months ago