Natera is a molecular diagnostics company that has developed a proprietary technology to analyze tiny quantities of DNA – as small as that from a single cell. Natera operates a CLIA certified laboratory providing genetic testing across several indications pertinent to reproductive health. Natera has developed a highly accurate non invasive diagnostic test for Down’s syndrome and other genetic abnormalities. The team consists of ~50 statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory technicians and software engineers from top-tier universities. Our technology has been funded by six grants from the National Institute of Health, the healthcare-focused venture capital firm Claremont Creek Ventures, and the renowned Sequoia Venture Capital. Natera is currently offering clinical service to Ob/Gyn, MFM and IVF clinics in North America, South America, Europe and Africa.
The Director of Managed Care will be responsible for the overall management of the company’s efforts to influence medical policy and obtain in network status with large payer organizations.
Natera requires a senior executive who can identify and close high level and impactful contracts and successfully influence medical policy decisions. This executive will need to actively lead the managed care business strategy in an effective manner and contribute to the strategic direction of the company as a whole by understanding how reimbursement strategy and corporate strategy align.
- Contract with major insurance companies and group payer organizations.
- Spearhead strategies that lead to successful acceptance of Natera’s testing into payer medical policy guidelines.
- Maximize reimbursement by negotiating the highest possible reimbursement values.
- Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
- Understand and contribute to strategic decisions concerning international reimbursement
- Present data, scientific findings and complex information in a professional manner.
- 8 years plus of managed care contracting and reimbursement experience preferably in molecular diagnostics or life sciences.
- Ability to close deals in a timely manner resulting in significant revenue growth.
- A solid understanding of the diagnostic testing market: products, key companies and individuals, technology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Biological Sciences or Business is required.
- Exceptional communication skills, including presentation, formal writing (i.e. written proposals), phone and e-mail
- Superior analytics: demonstrated track record developing and managing complex negotiations with multiple variables
- Demonstrated track record and ability to influence executive-level leaders (both internal and external) regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Superior problem solving, project- and program-management skills.
- Ability to develop a value proposition and effective business case that will influence medical policy
Natera - 15 months ago
Natera is driven by a passion for elevating the science and utility of prenatal testing. The advent of the Information Age has created a...