UDT is a large IT solutions provider (value-added reseller) with a focus on professional and managed services and authorized provider of Cisco (Gold), EMC, Dell, HP, and other computer equipment and services. We are helping companies solve complex computing challenges and leading the way to integrating the speed and collaborative benefits of cloud computing for our clients.
You have an opportunity to be part of an elite team that will lead our company.
Director of Managed Services (Miami, FL)
Our growth has created an opportunity for a Director of Managed Services with experience selling and managing a managed services business. This position is an exciting opportunity for a top candidate to work with a talented management team to grow the managed services portion of this established technology provider. We have a Network Operations Center and the software and other tools in place and have existing clients using our current managed services product offerings. We also have a large established client base throughout the southeastern United States to sell our managed services offerings.
This is an excellent opportunity to jumpstart the managed services portion of our business. The correct candidate must have developed procedures and integrated processes for the support of the managed services portion of their business. They also need experience hiring and developing personnel for the operations of our NOC. The candidate that has VAR experience or a small service provider background is ideal. You must be able to create service offerings to keep up with the changes in technology. ConnectWise and Nimsoft are currently in place and the correct candidate should have familiarity with these tools and other tools as needed. This is a Miami-based position for a company with seven offices throughout the Southeastern US.
The challenging goals we have set out for you are the following:
We are one of the leading technology solution providers in the country. We are growing the services areas in our business and our rapid growth has created the need for a leader in our managed services practice.
- Within 30 days - develop an assessment of the current status of operations and propose a plan for the road ahead.
- Within 90 days - build a fundamental understanding of the NOC and all services currently being provided including the software and tools used.
- Within 90 days - provide sales enablement and become fully engaged with the entire sales team to foster and develop a full understanding of all service offerings.
- Within six months - the candidate will have secured meetings with several clients of every one of our current sales representatives.
- Within the first year - grow the managed services revenue from our existing client base to meet current company goals for the number of nodes under management.
- The two-year goal for this position is to grow the managed services revenue to 10% of the company's overall sales.
We are looking for another top professional to join our excellent team of managers who exceed our clients’ expectations every day through our culture of commitment, integrity and excellence.
You will have independence to excel in the development and leadership of our growing managed services practice. There are challenging goals to meet this year and even bigger ones next year. We service large financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies and a large number of middle market clients who entrust us to be their technology partner.
If you’ve got a background in technology services and perform well in front of clients and prospects, and have a strong track record to back up your success, we would like to meet you.
- Provide a consultative business solution approach to understanding a customer’s technology requirements
- Provide technical sales support around managed services.
- Provide expert level technical assistance to the sales team
- Providing assistance in the development of an implementation plan
- Work with the sales team to provide quotations as required by the customer
- Remove technically related buying objections from the sales cycle
- Build and maintain relationships with customers and prospects
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with the customer's implementation experience
- Experience in building and/or operating a managed services practice
- BS in Computer Science or Management Information Systems; and
- 5 years experience in managing team in technology services
- Experience working with an account team to providing pre-sales support
- Experience working in a sales organization a plus
UDT Instruments is a leading global supplier of precision electro-optical instruments, including radiometers, colorimeters, photometers,...