Executive for a group of product lines, technology, or specialized functions. Primary responsibilities include the identification, development, and implementation of strategic initiatives, franchise structure, and management development.
· Identifies and communicates department vision, new strategies and projects for the improvement of key business metrics.
· Provides guidance and training to staff, assists subordinates in attaining career goals, motivates individuals to achieve results, and recruits and maintains a high quality staff.
· Identifies and champions improvement and functional excellence initiatives.
· Identifies future technology and intellectual property critical to future business growth and drives implementation. Active participant in the due diligence process.
· Develops and ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirement.
· Drives new processing technologies that are designed for manufacturability.
· Utilizes extensive internal contacts across BSC, external contacts, and industry specialists.
· Partners with and influences other functions to ensure common short and long-term business goals and strategies.
· Champions the sharing and leveraging of initiatives, processes, and accomplishments across the divisions/plants.
· Responsible for succession planning and the development and implementation of retention strategies.
· Proactively reviews future technologies and plans needed resources with appropriate technical skills either through external search or training to prepare.
· Leads site in Strategic Activity Review (STAR), Value Improvement Process (VIP), and Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA).
Quality System Requirements
In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
For those individuals that supervise others, the following statements are applicable:
· Assures that appropriate resources (personnel, tools, etc.) are maintained in order to assure Quality System compliance and adherence to the BSC Quality Policy.
· Establishes and promotes a work environment that supports the Quality Policy and Quality System.
· May lead a group or team of employees in the achievement of organizational goals. Guide, coach, direct, and develop direct reports, and if applicable, drive those practices throughout their organization.
· Foster a diverse workplace that enables all participants to contribute to their full potential in pursuit of organizational objectives.
· May direct and control the activities and budget of one or more functional areas, divisions, product groups, projects/programs and/or operations.
· Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. federal/country and regulatory requirements).
Typical minimum education/years’ experience: BS degree in applicable field; 12 years technical/professional experience; 8+ years people management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must have proven project management skills. Experience in cGMP/ISO 13485 regulations and medical device directive required. Must possess effective interpersonal skills and be able to deal with challenges associated with a diversified workforce. Must have solid understanding of medical product design, product costing, process design, metals and plastic fabrication, assembly techniques, product and production requirements. Must be able to drive JIT, lean, and automation concepts throughout the entire site. Must have proven managerial skills with organizational capabilities. Must have the necessary leadership qualities required to manage a diverse group of technical professionals.
MS or MBA. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in the areas of Medical Device, Design Control, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Statistical Analysis including Design of Experiments (DOE), Six Sigma, Process Capability Indexes, Automated Process Design Solutions, Lean and Ergonomic Principles, and product/process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA). Experience with CAD Software (Solid Works & AutoCAD).
Boston Scientific Corporation - 2 years ago
Boston Scientific knows that nothing is simple in matters of the heart. The company makes medical supplies and devices used to diagnose and...