Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Manufacturing Operations. which is located in our corporate office in Denver, CO.
This important role has responsibility for all manufacturing, process technology, Engineering and health and safety activities for the Engineered Products North America business.
The manufacturing organization has 5 plant locations with approximately 900 employees. This leadership role reports to the CEO and works closely with the VP/General Manager of EPNA and their leadership team to develop and execute operational plans and strategies that result in high quality, lower cost, higher productivity, and world class operating performance.
Johns Manville (JM) is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and employs approximately 350 people at the downtown headquarters, in areas such as finance, human resources, legal, corporate affairs, and information technology. Three of the four business groups, Engineered Products North America, Insulation Systems and Roofing Systems, are also headquartered here. Our fourth business unit, Engineered Products Europe/Asia, is headquartered in Germany. Johns Manville has manufacturing operations in North America, Europe and China.
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual operating plan with a major focus on continuous performance improvement.
- Implement programs that reduce process variation to ensure operational effectiveness, quality, consistency and overall equipment efficiency ( OEE ).
- Develop and implement engineering and short/medium-term process development initiatives that lead to improved productivity, efficiency and quality.
- Participates as a part of the business units leadership team to develop and
implement business strategies.
- Optimize business–building initiatives that will drive profitable growth.
- Develop manufacturing strategies and plans to align with support business
strategies and plans.
- Lead the SIOP process for the EPNA business unit.
- Work with Supply Chain to identify and qualify new materials and material vendors.
- Ensure safety and environmental compliance in all operations.
- Develop and implement capital projects that align with and support business
plans and strategies.
- Guide, develop and coach direct reports, and ensure succession plans are in place for the EPNA manufacturing organization.
- Ensure plant management maintains a positive work environment for employees and productive working relationships with local unions.
- Develop and implement quality control and improvement programs across all locations.
- Participate in development of labor contract preparation as required.
- Ensure proper management and control of all raw material and finished goods inventories for EPNA.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive products/operations to ensure costs/quality
meet or exceed competitors.
- Develop and implement process control and continuous process improvement initiatives across all locations.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels and capability/skills are in place across the manufacturing organization.
- BS or higher degree in a technical field (Engineering, Chemistry, etc.) with a
preference for an Engineering degree
- Fifteen or more years of experience of progressive operating responsibility
- Demonstrated experience in managing continuous operations manufacturing processes.
- Experience in managing high capital-intensive manufacturing operations
- Broad experience in multiple functions within manufacturing (e.g. SIOP, Production, Capex, etc.)
- Proven ability in implementing contemporary manufacturing practices
- Demonstrated history of identifying and continually improving manufacturing performance.
- Demonstrated experience in managing significant change projects
- Proven ability to implement manufacturing best practices
- Demonstrated ability in developing and implementing operating plans
- Demonstrated experience in aligning customer needs with manufacturing capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in selecting and developing plant leadership capability
- Financial and broad business acumen
- Exceptional analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong people and organizational leadership
- Procurement and vendor management skills
- Experience in managing multiple geographically dispersed manufacturing sites
Additional consideration given for:
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Experience with using ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.) to analyze and improve manufacturing performance.
- Proven ability to manage a geographically dispersed leadership team who lead large organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and constructively with customers.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations.
For additional information please read our
Johns Manville - 22 months ago
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial...