Director of Manufacturing Quality - 087658
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries. Our 162,000 employees create quality products, services and solutions to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings; lead-acid automotive batteries and advanced batteries for hybrid and electric vehicles; and interior systems for automobiles. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful. In 2011, Corporate Responsibility Magazine recognized Johnson Controls as the #1 company in its annual "100 Best Corporate Citizens" list. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com. JCI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and as such does not discriminate in its recruiting and selection process based on disability or handicap status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please call our Talent Acquisition Hotline at (414)-524-8999 and press option #0.
The Director of Manufacturing Quality provides leadership for Building Efficiency’s manufacturing quality and Customer Quality initiatives globally. Provides insight and supports the development, deployment and execution of quality strategies and solutions for BE’s global manufacturing quality. Develops metrics and establishes goals focused on increasing customer satisfaction, improving product and process quality and reducing warranty exposure.
1. Drives quality improvement and customer satisfaction in the manufacturing plants.
2. Meets with external and internal customers to review issues and drive permanent corrective actions.
3. Drives standardization and best practices in manufacturing plants.
4. Assists the VP of Quality in defining and developing the long term strategy for achieving world class systems and best in class quality.
5. Deploys, executes and implements strategic initiatives to improve product quality and increase customer satisfaction globally.
6. Drives the organization to achieve its quality vision and established goals.
7. Defines and implements metrics and analytical tools to monitor performance of manufactured product quality and manufacturing quality processes to assure continuous improvement.
8. Actively participates in the manufacturing quality improvement teams and reports results to BE Executive Operation Team.
9. Assists with the resolution of standard warranty, non-standard warranty and other customer issues relative to manufacturing quality with a focus on permanent corrective action.
10. Deploys customer satisfaction metrics across all manufacturing plants.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other related field of study. Masters degree preferred.
Proven track record in leading significant global strategic initiatives in quality
Extensive knowledge in building systems/ HVAC is a plus.
10 years experience in manufacturing, quality engineering, quality assurance, quality systems and CI(Black Belt training preferable)
Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, problem solving and team building skills.
Ability to work independently, as well as direct the work of others.
Travel requirement 25% minimum.
Johnson Controls - 19 months ago
Johnson Controls, Inc. (Johnson Controls) provides automotive interiors, products and services that optimize energy usage in buildings and...