The successful candidate will oversee & direct all
manufacturing activities, achieving effective and
efficient use of personnel, equipment, and facilities
while assuring conformance to delivery schedules,
quality goals, and budgets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong time management and decision making skills.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a
security clearance by the U.S. Government within a
reasonable time after commencement of employment.
- Desired Qualifications:
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- Experience in planning, assessing, and implementing
new business processes and systems.
- Proficiency with MS-Project.
- DSC product designs include a variety of complex
cutting edge technologies including Lasers, sensors,
cameras, fiber optics, electronics, and software;
therefore experience pertaining to those fields is
- Oversee all assembly and test flow processes within
manufacturing that lead to the completion of high
performance products, and report results on a
- Plan, develop, and implement activities within the
department to meet quality and cost objectives.
- Facilitate the timely completion on all orders,
prepare progress reports, and eliminate difficulties
or delays that hinder success.
- Along with the Director of Supply Chain Operations,
develop schedules, plan out production activities,
and fulfill material requirements towards completing
builds in a timely, cost-effective manner while
meeting or exceeding delivery requirements.
Digital Signal Corporation is an Affirmative Action and
Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a friendly,
business environment with a competitive salary and
benefits package. All job offers are contingent upon
successful completion of background and reference
- Coordinate with our Engineering and Materials groups
to ensure the throughput and quality optimization of
- Work with cross-functional teams to resolve
discrepancies, remove or mitigate roadblocks,
resolve issues of non-compliance, and facilitate
communications among all business groups.
- Work with senior management to set and maintain
budgets (headcount, expense, and capital), and
assist in resource planning to achieve business
- Assist in the establishment of improved strategies
to develop and launch new products.
- Propose, review, and take ownership of changes to
existing processes in order to maximize efficiency
while shortening timelines.
- Utilize process, quality, and throughput improvement
methodologies in directing the development,
implementation, and maintenance of processes for
both new and existing products and technologies.
This includes compliance with safety, state, and
- Develop and implement policies and procedures,
formulate manufacturing operational strategies, and
oversee the mentoring and training of manufacturing
employees to help drive successful business results.
- Responsible for the performance of all manufacturing
managers and other direct reports.
- Oversee the Manufacturing & Test Engineering groups;
including process/yield improvements efforts,
equipment implementation/utilization, and data
- Develop & maintain a highly disciplined team
committed to producing high performance products,
accountable for the quality of their work, their
communications with fellow stakeholders, and
responsiveness in resolving issues that may threaten
revenue, quality, material, or cost target
- Working with HR, manage and resolve personnel issues
that may arise.
- The successful candidate may also facilitate other
efforts relating to materials, shipping, customer
support services, process documentation, or other
duties as assigned by supervisor.
- University degree in Engineering, Business
Administration, or related field.
- At least 10 years of practical experiencein a
manufacturing environment, as well as strong
knowledge of manufacturing management methodologies
such as Total Quality Management, DFX/Design for
Manufacturability, Kaizen events, ISO 9000, and the
effective utilization of statistical tools. This
should include at least 5 years in management roles
of increasing breadth and responsibility, and should
have occurred in an environment with full exposure
from the design to delivery of new products.
- Proficient ability in utilizing MRP/ERP systems.
- Ability to work with Bills of Material and
supporting Engineering documentation.
- Proven track record as an innovative and resourceful
- Team player with the ability to work in a
faced-paced, multi-disciplined environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Able to motivate and drive team members through
their ability to influence.
- Experienced in the utilization of analytical skills
to resolve problems. Ability to analyze data,
determines root cause, provide solutions, and
- Proficiency with MS-Power Point, MS-Excel, and
- Leadership and motivational ability.
- Ability to travel (less than 10%).
Digital Signal Corporation (DSC) - 24 months ago