Orbotix, Inc. |
Director of Manufacturing
Executive – Boulder, CO and Cong Hua – Full Time
At Orbotix we blend robotics and augmented reality pushing the capabilities of modern hardware (http://vimeo.com/53561976). We are looking for a dynamic, motivated manufacturing professional to join our team in Boulder, CO to act as a liaison to, and manager of our off shore manufacturing efforts. Responsibilities include owning and managing manufacturing schedules, assisting in procurement, coordination of technical teams across cultures, managing projects involved in product launches and updates, integrating vendors of packaging, radios, plastics, sensors, and electronics.
If you enjoy travel, cross cultural business, and want contribute to some awesome products, we think you ’ll have a blast with us. As a bonus you ’ll get to play with robots, games and mobile devices as part of the job. We are willing to relocate the right person to Colorado.
Must have experience in a full spectrum of manufacturing disciplines including:
• Taking prototype designs into production and bridging between the design engineers and manufacturing engineers
• Modern assembly techniques and optimization
• Test and quality engineering
• Electronics fabrication techniques
• Injection molding and plastics technology
• Manufacturing financials
• Production schedules
• Product lifecycle management
• Knowledge of contract and purchasing issues involved in high volume off shore manufacturing
• Issues surrounding products involving software and firmware
• Knowledge of product conformance regulations such as CPSIA, UL, CE, FCC, IEC, ISO etc.
Additionally we are looking for a candidate with experience managing contract OEMs in China for consumer electro-mechanical products. Strong project management skills and ability to manage to multiple products and schedules is required. Experience around sourcing and cost reduction is a must. We are looking for a professional with the ability to lead continuous improvement efforts in manufacturing. Knowledge of ISO processes, product certification processes such as FCC, UL,
We are looking for an executive with:
• Engineering or Technical degree with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience
• Extreme attention to detail
• Willingness to travel frequently and stay in China for extended periods of time
• Cooperative, independent thinker who takes personal ownership of projects
Orbotix is a venture backed startup with the vision that you shouldn ’t be limited to emailing, getting directions, and playing a game of scrabble on your mobile device. You should be able to just as easily download an app to control all of the physical devices around you. No more remotes. No more clunky interfaces. No more keys. Everything is done with the powerful mobile device that you already carry with you. We ’re looking for someone great to join our small but hardcore team to help bring our next generation products into the marketplace, starting with Sphero, a powerful robotic entertainment device. Please submit a resume and cover letter and any other video links, files or file links that will help us understand your capabilities.
Orbotix, Inc. - 10 months ago