Objective of Position: Directs the manufacturing operations of the organization through supervisory personnel to safely produce a profitable mix of trailers on a timely basis, while continually striving to improve processes.
1. Drives employee safety in all production processes and activities through proactive guidance and leadership.
2. Leads, oversees and sets a positive example in the adherence to guidelines of OSHA, EPA and all other State and Federal agencies in cooperation with the Health and Safety Department to promote a culture of safety.
1. Works closely with other departments such as Engineering, Quality and Service to insure that products meet company standards and are built to drawings or specifications using approved methods. Consults with the VP of Manufacturing and/or other Directors and Managers when any deviation is deemed necessary
2. Ensures that the people assigned to a task have the necessary training and tools to achieve the expected quality outcome.
1. Direct responsibility for the facility’s operational performance in the areas of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Continuous Improvement, Productivity, and cost for production departments.
2. Responsible for identifying, growing and investing in the talent in the Operations organization resulting in improved manager effectiveness.
3. Insure year over year efficiency and productivity improvement.
4. Directs the manufacturing of Trail King product, through our supervisory personnel, to meet or exceed Trail King standards of efficiency and quality.
5. Develops and maintains the production schedule to ensure delivery of product to meet customer requirements.
6. Monitors and recommends staffing changes based on customer orders.
7. Works closely with the Engineering Department to ensure accurate feedback is given to continually improve design documentation.
8. Administers company policies as they relate to the produ
Position Qualifications: The knowledge and skills needed to be successful in this position are:
1. Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing process, or equivalent experience in an exempt level capacity.
2. Must be experienced in cell manufacturing concepts and plant layout.
3. Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of personnel.
4. Possess strong background in use of computers and automation processes.
5. Must be self-motivated, possessing a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
6. Leads by example and is able to motivate their team by promoting a positive leadership style focused on safety, engagement, and change management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Physical Demands: The position is sedentary in nature with minimal lifting requirements. One must be able to see, hear, speak, sit, feel, and grasp. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and repetitive arm movements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work Environment: Working conditions are those typical of an office environment. One does, however, need to work with a low level of surrounding noise. However, it is expected that this individual will spend a good portion of their time on the factory floor, where all proper PPE is required.
The duties described above document the general nature and level of work but are not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities required of this position. Consequently, other duties may be added to this area of responsibility as required.
Trail King Industries Inc - 30+ days ago