The Director of Marketing, Government Markets is proficient and accomplished as an accountable business leader responsible for strategic planning, budgeting and executing influential marketing programs that target all sectors of the US , State, local governments and educational institutions.. This position requires effective and experienced market communication skills and the ability to provide situational insight on emerging market based trends and policies that would affect business unit goals.
The Director of Marketing, Government Markets is primarily responsible for developing and managing multi-touch lead generation programs. This critical position fulfills a range of marketing responsibilities including conducting and structuring market research, formulating competitive analysis and interpretive reports, creating leading market relevant messaging and conceptualizing new value propositions for the purpose of driving business unit revenue goals and identifying new prospects. The Director of Marketing, Government Markets must be skilled at using a wide variety of communications tools; webinars, workshops, focus groups, surveys etc., to influence the market and develop a mutual relationship with key clients in order to make new product recommendations and constructive input to pricing decision.
a) Take part in and lead business unit participation in industry events and professional associations to increase market knowledge, develop insight, communicate and reinforce the brand image.
- Investigate and track the evolution of government client policy initiatives, updates and relevant trends as the basis for innovative thinking, anticipation of market demands and justification for business unit investment. Draw upon insight gained from research to conceptualize and deliver broadly compelling multi-touch lead generation campaigns.
b) Conduct visits, interviews and focus group discussions to gather market data, gain insight and build long term relationships.
c) Proactively organize and lead client stewardship meetings to bolster mutual understanding and position the ESI brand image at the working and buying level
a) Plan, develop and execute B-to-G marketing strategies and tactics that build awareness, credibility and generate new client prospects and persuade existing clients to continue buying from ESI.
- Lead and manage the formation and execution of the business unit Marketing Strategy and the creation of an effective Marketing Action Plan. Organize, lead and modify the implementation of the MAP as appropriate.
b) Position the business unit messages through proficient use of multi- media communications vehicles:
(2) Workshops/breakfast briefings/seminars
(4) Government Collaborative Learning Conference
ii) Direct Marketing
iv) Public and media relations
c) Draft and administer the Marketing Action Plan and budget
a) Point of view articles
- Regularly review industry wide competitive analysis and develop business unit specific competitive profiles
- Develop creative messaging for ads and marketing collateral in collaboration with ESI’s global marketing messages. These include:
b) Sales brochures and other printed product/service information
c) Visual aids used in sales presentations
d) Web content
e) Email blasts
- B.A. is required; degree in business, marketing, communications, government, or related field is preferred
- 5 years of solid B-to-G marketing experience, preferably marketing professional services or products to government agencies (Federal, State and Local and Civilian)
- Knowledge of the government procurement process as well as successful communication strategies for various government audiences
- Demonstrated ability to research, conceive, plan, execute, and report on multi-modal, multimedia sales and marketing lead campaigns
- Analytical skills to provide insight into audiences, budgets, and reports
- Proven success with a variety of marketing media, including trade shows, events, collateral, direct mail, email, and public relations
- Experience in participating in client-facing meetings with government agencies
- Must be comfortable working closely with a local and national sales team
- Experience with Eloqua, SiteCore and/or SaleForce.com is preferred
- Specific experience with online and social media platforms within the government
- Demonstrated leadership and execution skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Limited travel may be required to attend trade shows and events
ESI International - 7 months ago